The weather in Portland has been so beautiful lately, which means the abundance of berries are starting to show up everywhere along with the bounty of rhubarb. So the perfect marriage of strawberry and rhubarb inspired this recipe for the tasty and moist muffins that will make your house smell just amazing. These are so simple to make and would be so fun to make with your kids.
I have been so busy lately that I decided to start doing something a bit different on the blog to be able to post more recipes. I will be writing a shorter entry with each recipe instead of a story, I am just not much of a story writer and I would rather provide you with fun recipes to try out then read more about my life stories. Unless I find someone to help with me with editing the stories I write, but until then I can’t wait to share this yummy muffin recipe with you.
So here we go on this super simple recipe. Trust me, you will want to try it. And if you do tag me on IG @lenaskitchenblog so I can see that you made it.
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB MUFFINS
- Melt and cool butter, add beaten egg, milk and vanilla.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and then add to the wet ingredients by gently folding together slightly. Fold in the berries and rhubarb (if you can't find rhubarb, you can mix in other berries or make this with just strawberries). DO NOT OVERMIX.
- Prepare your muffin tin by adding muffin cups, or butter the tin so the batter doesn't stick.
- Drop by spoonfuls into the well-greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 400F for 18-25 minutes, depending on your oven. Mine took 25 minutes.
Enjoy and Bon Appetité!
FOLLOW MY BLOG ON BLOGLOVIN