Remember me posting about how excited I was about attending Feast Portland about a week or so ago. Well I can’t wait to share some of my favorite photos of food I tried in the next post. But for now I will share a bit about my new kitchen appliances from Wolf Gourmet.
I got to work with Wolf Gourmet and shoot some photos for them at Feast this past weekend. Their products are so sleek, modern, powerful and just stunning. I was so glad to add some of their products to my kitchen collection, especially excited about the beautiful blender. I created a quick healthy smoothie before heading out for the day of feasting.
This blender has got great counter appeal. I love the touch of red on the knob to play off the red touches I have in my kitchen already. It has a ultra-responsive variable speed powered by the 2.4 peak HP motor propels the blades to speeds over 210 mph. A twist of the dial allows you to blend ingredients to your exact preference. I can’t wait to make some more smoothies, soups and test it out to grind coffee? Maybe not coffee, which it does do, but soup for sure will be my next project with this new kitchen appliance.
QUICK, HEALTHY SMOOTHIE USING WOLF GOURMET HIGH PERFORMANCE BLENDER
- 1 ripe banana, fresh or frozen
- 4 dates, pitted
- 3/4 cup frozen cherries
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup kiwi berries (or regular kiwi)
- 1 tbsp oats
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp bee pollen
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 tsp coconut flakes
- 1 cup coconut or almond milk
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- Combine all ingredients in the blender. Select the smoothie option and blend until smooth.
- Garnish with frozen cherries, fresh kiwi berries, coconut flakes.
CHICKEN TACOS WITH ROASTED PINEAPPLE SALSA & AVOCADO CREMA (recipe from Epicurious)
- 1 small pineapple, peeled, cut into 4 pieces lengthwise and cored
- olive oil
- 1 English cucumber, diced small
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced small
- 2 jalapeños, minced
- 3-4 limes
- salt and pepper
- 2 large avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- corn tortillas, warmed up
- cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Heat Wolf Gourmet Countertop Oven to Convection/Roast 450°F. Line the Wolf Gourmet baking pan with parchment paper. Coat pineapple in olive oil and arrange on baking sheet. Roast until tender and juices begin to release, 15-20 minutes. Let cool.
- Using a Wolf Gourmet High-Performance Blender, combine avocado, sour cream, and freshly grated lime zest and juice from one lime. Purée to a smooth crema.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add 2 tablespoons vegetable oil to the pan and carefully swirl to coat. Arrange chicken in a single layer in the pan and cook, flipping once, until cooked through, 10-12 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and let sit five minutes before slicing.
- Chop roasted pineapple into small pieces. In a medium bowl, combine pineapple, cucumber, onion, and jalapeño. Season to taste with lime juice and salt. Serve with chicken tacos and avocado crema.
I also got to check out their beautiful Countertop Oven at Feast as they were making one of the two dishes they were serving. The awesome thing is, it’s a perfect convection oven that you can use instead of turning on your big oven. great as an extra oven when you have a lot to bake or roast. It’s the perfect appliance to add to your wish list for the coming up holiday season and use when family or friends are coming to dinner.
The next recipe is for the second dish that was served at Feast. It was a delectable bite of toast, topped with ricotta, roasted plums, honey, orange zest and black pepper
ROASTED PLUM & RICOTTA TARTINE WITH HONEY & BLACK PEPPER (Recipe from Epicurious)
- 6 plums, ripe but firm, halved and pits removed
- honey, for drizzling
- olive oil, for drizzling
- 8 slices of rustic crunchy bread
- 2 2/3 cups best quality full fat ricotta
- Fleur de sel
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 orange
- Heat Wolf Gourmet Countertop Oven to Convection/Roast 375°F. Line the Wolf Gourmet baking pan with parchment paper and place plums in the pan cut sides up.
- Drizzle with olive oil and honey. Roast until tender and juices begin to release, 5-10 minutes.
- Once complete, toast the bread until just golden. Spread 1/3 cup ricotta on each slice. Arrange plums on top of ricotta and spoon juices over.
- Drizzle with additional olive oil and honey. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Finely grate orange zest over each slice and serve.
Enjoy and Bon Appetité!
Thank you for supporting the brands that I enjoy. This post was sponsored by Wolf Gourmet. All opinions are my own.
Thoughts or questions? Leave a comment below. I’d love to hear from you.
Leave a Reply