These Low Carb Asian Pork Lettuce Cups are packed full of flavors with juicy meat, fresh veggies and a crunch of lettuce cups to cover all the options.Jump to Recipe
PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER! CLICK HERE TO PIN THESE LOW CARB ASIAN PORK LETTUCE CUPS RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD.JUMP TO RECIPE
Light and tasty wraps that are great for appetizers with friends or a healthy dinner idea during the week. Weeknight dinner is covered with these. I made them three times in one week, that’s how much we love these cups.
I used ground pork for this recipe and I loved the balance of flavors of soy sauce and pork, onions and garlic. You can use the ground meat of your choice. Chicken or turkey would work well, just make sure you get some with a good fat ratio so it doesn’t dry out. If you go for chicken, use dark meat instead mixed with light meat.
Make sure to grab the easy recipe for my LENASKITCHEN PICKLED ONIONS, it’s one of the toppings and is a must to have in your fridge. We put them on everything, especially these Low Carb Asian Pork Lettuce Cups.
What Lettuce Is Best For Lettuce Cups?
- Iceberg Lettuce is what I prefer. It gives them a nice crispiness but they are harder to roll compared to other lettuce types.
- Bib Lettuce, Boston or Green Leaf all have a large, loose head and a dark green leaf.
- Butter Lettuce is a softer lettuce, thick, large leaves and easy to roll, but not as crunchy.
So in love with the flavor profile of these Low Carb Asian Pork Lettuce Cups. The best part, they take less than 30 minutes to throw together. So you have no excuse not to try this easy recipe.
I mean, just look at this platter of lettuce cups, tell me who can resist these? My family can’t for sure.
Can’t wait to see what you think of this recipe. It’s a keeper for sure.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you give my LOW CARB ASIAN PORK LETTUCE CUPS a try? Let me know what you think, rate and review this recipe in comments below, share it on Pinterest, Instagram or Facebook. Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture, tag it with #lenaskitchenblog on Instagram or tag me on my Facebook page! I love seeing what you come up with! Happy cooking.
LOW CARB ASIAN LETTUCE CUPS
- 2 lbs ground pork or mix with a few different ground meats
- 1 medium sweet onion finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tbsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp miso paste
- 1/2 cup soy sauce or coconut aminos for WHOLE30 version
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 inch fresh ginger grated
- 1/2 lime
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp white Miso paste
- 1 large avocado cut into slices
- 3 radishes cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh green onions finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup lenaskitchen pickled onions
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- iceberg lettuce divided into 12 or more cups
- In a small bowl, combine all the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of oil and finely diced onion, cook until translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook for a minute. Now add the ground pork and cook until you don’t see any pink, breaking up the pork as it cooks, until browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the cumin and miso paste. Cook for 2 minutes.
- To serve, place some of the mixture in a lettuce cups and top with lenaskitchen pickled onions, radishes, avocado, green onion, cilantro leaves, sesame seeds and dip in dipping sauce.