This easy COBB SALAD and HOMEMADE MAYONNAISE will give you all the healthy feels and get you ready for a perfect weekend night meal.
Happy New Years! Can’t believe it’s already the first week of January. I am super excited for 2017 and the opportunities and fun things that are in store for me this year. It’s January, so I think most people look over their diet and exercise routine and try to start something new and fresh after the holidays have passed.
On Monday I decided I will be starting my Whole30 adventure once again. Trying to be better about what we eat and definitely get back into shape, and not just for a new years resolution. SO start things off on the right track I made this delicious salad that I shared on live TV here, which I’ll add the video link to for you guys to check out. This simple Cobb salad is so easy to make and can be customized to different veggies and protein you have or would prefer more.
Usually you see a Cobb salad showing the veggies and protein in rows, I wanted to do something different and do them in sections or clumps together to create a nice symmetry in a different way. So enjoy this delicious salad and let me know what you think.
Also, check out this sweet video (lenaskitchen cobb salad video) I made while putting together the salad. I think it came out cool, for my first video.
COBB SALAD WITH LIME CILANTRO DRESSING
- 1 bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 cups baby tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 1/2 cups english cucumber, cut into slices and quartered
- 6 slices of bacon, cut into half inch pieces and cooked until crispy
- 1/2 cup radish slices
- 1 large avocado, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen fire roasted corn, defrosted
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion, for garnish
- 4 hard boiled eggs, cut in half
- 4 full handfuls of baby arugula
- 4 full handfuls of chopped romaine
Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 1/2 cup homemade mayonnaise (recipe below)
- 1 large lime, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped (or less, to taste)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Chop all vegetables and assemble your salad as desired.
- Use the immersion blender and blend all dressing ingredients together in a mason jar. Pour into a nice serving dish and dress your salad.
Easy Keto Homemade Mayonnaise
- tall and narrow glass jar, for making and storing the mayo
- immersion blender
- Using an immersion blender, press it against the bottom of the jar and blend for at least 10-15 seconds. Once the mayonnaise starts to emulsify and thicken, slowly move the blender up and down to fully combine the ingredients.
- Once it's all blended, remove the blender. Give it a few stirs with a spoon, seal the lid on top, and place it in a storage container in the refrigerator. It will stay fresh for up to one week.
- You must use LIGHT olive oil or a neutral oil. Extra virgin olive oil is too strong for mayonnaise and will mess up the flavor. If you don’t have light olive oil, use avocado, canola, grape seed, or safflower oil instead.
- Want your keto mayo to be paleo and Whole30 compliant as well? Swap the light olive oil for avocado oil instead.
- Use a tall, narrow, and wide-mouthed jar. Mixing everything in one jar, like a pint and half wide mouth mason jar, makes for easy clean up, blending, and storage.
- I strongly recommend using an immersion blender to make your mayo. It’s a magic handheld tool that’ll make your mayonnaise come together so easily, unlike a food processor or regular blender.