This easy COBB SALAD and HOMEMADE MAYONNAISE will give you all the healthy feels and get you ready for a perfect weekend night meal.
Happy New Years! Can’t believe it’s already the first week of January. I am super excited for 2017 and the opportunities and fun things that are in store for me this year. It’s January, so I think most people look over their diet and exercise routine and try to start something new and fresh after the holidays have passed.
On Monday I decided I will be starting my Whole30 adventure once again. Trying to be better about what we eat and definitely get back into shape, and not just for a new years resolution. SO start things off on the right track I made this delicious salad that I shared on live TV here, which I’ll add the video link to for you guys to check out. This simple Cobb salad is so easy to make and can be customized to different veggies and protein you have or would prefer more.
Usually you see a Cobb salad showing the veggies and protein in rows, I wanted to do something different and do them in sections or clumps together to create a nice symmetry in a different way. So enjoy this delicious salad and let me know what you think.
Also, check out this sweet video (lenaskitchen cobb salad video) I made while putting together the salad. I think it came out cool, for my first video.
COBB SALAD WITH LIME CILANTRO DRESSING
- 1 bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 cups baby tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 1/2 cups english cucumber, cut into slices and quartered
- 6 slices of bacon, cut into half inch pieces and cooked until crispy
- 1/2 cup radish slices
- 1 large avocado, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen fire roasted corn, defrosted
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion, for garnish
- 4 hard boiled eggs, cut in half
- 4 full handfuls of baby arugula
- 4 full handfuls of chopped romaine
- 1/2 cup homemade mayonnaise (recipe below)
- 1 large lime, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped (or less, to taste)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Chop all vegetables and assemble your salad as desired.
- Use the immersion blender and blend all dressing ingredients together in a mason jar. Pour into a nice serving dish and dress your salad.
Basic Homemade Whole30 Mayonnaise
- 1 whole LARGE OR EXTRA LARGE fresh egg
- 1 cup LIGHT olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard (Whole30 compliant)
- the juice of half a lemon or lime (2-3 tsp)
- generous pinch of salt
- tall and narrow glass jar, for making AND storing the mayo
- immersion blender (see recipe notes below)
- Place the egg, mustard, lemon juice, salt first and then add in the cup of oil. With the stick blender all the way to the bottom, start on high for about 30 seconds and then slowly move up until you see the emulsification happening. Blend until all oil has disappeared, about a minute. If you are adding flavors to your mayo, add them all in before adding the oil.
Enjoy and Happy New Years!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Did you try my COBB SALAD WITH LIME CILANTRO DRESSING + WHOLE30 MAYO?Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #lenaskitchenblog55