This Champagne Vinaigrette with Shallots is excellent for a wide variety of salads. Its flavor is light, tangy and flavorful. With only a few ingredients it comes together in just a few minutes. Pairs perfectly with a butterleaf salad or great tossed with roasted or grilled veggies.
Let me ask you this… How often do you make your own dressing?
Me… EVERY time I make a salad. Because it’s worth the slight effort for the great taste.
There is something about a good easy vinaigrette that adds a depth of flavor to any salad. The taste of homemade vinaigrette is hands-down better than any store-bought version. Combining only a few ingredients to create a stunning vinaigrette is so easy to do. Grab the ingredients you will need to make my Champagne Vinaigrette with Shallots.
What is a vinaigrette made of?
- Olive oil
- Add ons – Shallots
This Champagne Vinaigrette with Shallots can be made 1 week ahead and kept refrigerated. Bring to room temperature and shake before using.
Try adding this vinaigrette to these salads :
- CRUNCHY KALE SALAD
- RAW BRUSSELS SPROUTS SALAD WITH PARMESAN
- BEETS SALAD WITH CITRUS TARRAGON DRESSING
- AVOCADO ROSE TUTORIAL WITH RADICCHIO SALAD
- COBB SALAD WITH LIME CILANTRO DRESSING
Another way to use this vinaigrette is to toss with grilled or roasted veggies like asparagus, Brussel sprouts, and zucchini to add some more depth of flavor. Adds a great fresh taste to the veggies, not only salads.
Make this dressing your new go-to citrussy flavor to any lettuce or veggie of your choice.
Try my other homemade dressing recipes :
If you fall in love with this Champagne Vinaigrette with Shallots as much as I think you will, make sure to post and tag @lenaskitchenblog on Instagram and use #lenaskitchenblog hashtag! Pin it for later so you can make it again and again. Yum!
CHAMPAGNE VINAIGRETTE with SHALLOTS
- 1 1/2 medium shallots, roughly chopped
- 1/2 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 6 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey, (omit if you're doing Whole30 or vegan)
- 1 tsp sea salt, more if needed to taste
- 1/2 medium lemon, juiced
- Add all ingredients except the finely chopped shallots into a jar. Blend with an immersion blender until smooth. Then add in the finely 1/2 medium chopped shallot and mix well with a spoon. Top on your favorite salad.