You can’t beat a one pan dinner that is on the table in no time! This one pan pasta with asparagus, spinach, sun dried tomatoes, mozzarella, garlic and prosciutto is easy and flavorful. A pasta dinner that is sure to go on repeat in our house, especially with school starting next week.
I was super excited when Fred Meyer announced their new Taste of Italy product line and send me a box of goodies to try out. Their products are made directly in Italy, sold at my local Fred Meyer store for an easy convenience to experience the Italian flavors.
For this easy recipe, I chose to make a one pot pasta, because who are we kidding, a quick and easy pasta dish that is done in under 30 minutes is something that I love.
Some of the products that I used for this recipe : package of penne pasta by Pastifigio Di Martino, the tastiest Colavita Extra Virgin Olive oil, both from Fred Meyer’s imported line of Taste of Italy products. A fun new garlic grater to save time on chopping. I got the rest of the ingredients on the ingredients list were all sponsored by Fred Meyers. I paired the pasta with Fontella brand Chianti wine, some of the tastiest I’ve had in a while.
We couldn’t get enough of this dish. Plus it’s great, because you can add other toppings, make it vegetarian, use leftover meat, add sauce… there are no limits. I hope you give this a try and make it your own after you have tried my version. Be creative with your additions, that’s the best part about cooking.
EASY ONE PAN PENNE WITH VEGGIES & PROSCIUTTO
- 1 package penne pasta
- handful of asparagus, cut into 1" pieces
- 6-8 pieces of marinated sun dried tomatoes, chopped roughly
- 6 slices of good quality prosciutto, folded in half and sliced into thin slices
- 4-6 cloves garlic, chopped or grated
- 3 large handfuls of baby spinach
- 12 small pieces of fresh mozzarella, ripped in half
- 1/2 lemon, zest and juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt, to taste, for pasta water
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- basil, chopped
- Bring water in a deep pan to a boil. Add salt to taste, so it flavors your water, it will be the only time you will use salt.
- Once water is boiling place the pasta and turn down the heat to medium, cover with lid, but leave a crack so it doesn't boil over when cooking. Cook the pasta according to your bag, mine cooked in 10 minutes.
- Chop the asparagus and get it ready to add in when you have 2 minutes left on the clock for the pasta. Place the asparagus with the pasta and boil for the 2 minutes. Once done cooking, drain the pasta, reserve about a cup of pasta water to add as a sauce.
- In the same deep pan,add in the chopped prosciutto and cook for a few minutes, until a bit crispy.
- Add in the grated garlic with 2 tbsp of olive oil, sauté on medium low, mix around so it doesn't burn.
- Add the chopped sun dried tomatoes. Sauté for a minute.
- Add the pasta and asparagus. Then add 1/2 cup of reserved pasta water and move the pasta around to incorporate the sautéd prosciutto, garlic and sun dried tomatoes.
- Add in the rest of the pasta water if needed, add in the 3 handfuls of spinach and cook for about a minute, until slightly wilted.
- Rip the mozzarella in halves, add to pasta, and turn off the heat.
- Chop the basil and add it to the pasta.
- Zest 1/2 lemon and squeeze a bit of lemon juice. Mix well, plate, and enjoy.
Enjoy and Bon Appetité!
Thanks to Fred Meyers for sponsoring this post.
Leave a Reply