These Extra Crispy Air Fryer Wings are full of flavor, easy to make and most of all crispy and juicy and done in under 30 minutes.
PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER! CLICK HERE TO PIN THESE EXTRA CRISPY AIR FRYER WINGS RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD.JUMP TO RECIPE
My family and I made a new tradition on Tuesdays… we wing it. What does that mean? We used to go out for wings, but that changed once I bought an Air Fryer. I make them at home now. And I thought to myself, why did you wait so long to do this?
Gourmia Digital Multi Mode Air Fryer is my Air Fryer. It’s large enough to fit anywhere between 12 – 16 wings, depends on the size of the wings. Cooks perfectly, easy to clean and has a slick design.
I decided the first thing I would try are wings. I tested the recipe a few times before making it a perfect first air fryer recipe to post for you guys.
Tell me in comments what you want me to try next in this beast? I’m thinking salmon or fries or veggies??? What should I make?
What’s the catch? Not much, go buy the dang thing, make these wings…and thank me later.
If you’ve got 20-ish minutes and an airfryer, then prep these babies with the seasoning and pop em in the fryer and enjoy some dang good chicken wings.
A few tips for Making Extra Crispy Air Fryer Wings:
- Make sure the wings are at room temp at least an hour before you cook them.
- Pat them fully dry before seasoning.
- Before cooking in the air fryer tray, use a paper towel and oil to wipe down the tray so the wings don’t stick.
- No need to preheat the air fryer to use it.
- Toss the wings with the dry seasoning.
- You can either dip the wings with your choice of mild or spicy sauce or toss them in the sauce after they are cooked.
What to serve with your Extra Crispy Air Fryer Wings:
- Serve with COLD celery and if you like carrots, add them in too, I’m not a big fan.
- Make my EASY HOMEMADE RANCH DRESSING to dip the wings and veggies in.
- These pair perfectly with a light beer, cider or a fine cocktail.
So, I cannot wait to see what you think of this recipe, I promise it will be a favorite and maybe you just join our Wing Tuesday… maybe every other week so you can sneak in a taco here and there… hahhah
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you give my EXTRA CRISPY AIR FRYER WINGS a try? Let me know what you think, rate and review this recipe in comments below, share it on Pinterest, Instagram or Facebook. Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture, tag it with #lenaskitchenblog on Instagram or tag me on my Facebook page! I love seeing what you come up with! Happy cooking.
EXTRA CRISPY AIR FRYER WINGS
- 12-14 chicken wings drumettes and wingettes separated
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt additional salt to taste if needed
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp olive oil
- lime wedges, optional
- Bring wings to room temperature before cooking for at least an hour.
- Using a paper towel, oil the inside of the air fryer with the oil.
- Pat the chicken wings dry with paper towels. Mix the dry seasoning and toss the dry wings well. Place the chicken wings inside the Air Fryer basket.
- Set the Air Fryer temperature to 400F and the time for 20-22 minutes. Cook the wings in the Air Fryer, removing the basket half way to toss for even cooking.
- After the 20 minutes are up if the wings need a little more cooking, this will be different if your wings are larger in size. The smaller one cook for 20-22 minutes. Larger ones cook 22-25 minutes.
- Serve with celery with my EASY HOMEMADE RANCH DRESSING. Leave them as is or coat in your favorite sauce. Squeeze a little lime, optional, but so good.