Enjoy these Grilled Salmon Kabobs for a quick and easy lunch or dinner. Juicy salmon and tomatoes are threaded onto skewers before being grilled to perfection and topped with chimichurri sauce. It’s a simple, yet flavor-packed meal!Jump to Recipe
This blog post was updated on January 27, 2023 but the recipe remains the same.
Salmon kabobs with cherry tomatoes
Summer is grilling season, which means I’m threading marinated meats and vegetables onto skewers before grilling them to perfection. It’s no wonder why these Greek Chicken Kabobs and Grilled Sirloin Steak Kabobs are my staples throughout the season!
Add these Grilled Salmon Kabobs to your grilling menu because they’re sure to become a new favorite. Not only do they take minutes to prepare and cook, but they’re bursting with flavor! All it takes is fresh salmon, cherry tomatoes, and homemade chimichurri sauce.
While juicy salmon and grilled cherry tomatoes pop all on their own, chimichurri sauce is what really takes this simple recipe from good to great. It’s a refreshing sauce made from herbs and oil, packing freshness into every bite. Your dinner party guests won’t be able to resist when they see the pop of green on these salmon skewers!
Watch How To Make Grilled Salmon Kabobs
Ingredients and substitutions
All you need is a short list of healthy ingredients. They’re versatile too, so feel free to mix and match as you’d like.
Here’s what you need:
- Salmon – Grab a wild-caught salmon filet and cut it into 1 ½ inch cubes for easy assembly. There’s no marinating required. Just slather the salmon in some olive oil and sea salt, and grill away!
- Cherry tomatoes – Grilled cherry tomatoes are an easy choice on skewers. They’re naturally juicy, sweet, and flavorful, but only get better when dressed in olive oil. The tomatoes can easily be substituted for any other grilled vegetable you enjoy, such as zucchini, red onion, and even thinly sliced lemon wedges.
- Chimichurri sauce – Chimichurri is an herbaceous green sauce that’s easy to make with fresh herbs, oil, and some aromatics. Not only does the pop of green give this dish a WOW factor, but also adds plenty of fresh flavors that are perfect for summer.
Don’t forget about the skewers! I like to make these with metal skewers but bamboo works too. Just make sure to soak them in water for 30 minutes ahead of time to prevent burning.
How to make grilled salmon kabobs
Summer dinners don’t get much more simple than this! These kabobs are ready to enjoy after 4 quick and easy steps:
- Assemble the kabobs: Thread the cubed salmon and tomatoes onto the skewers. Brush all sides with olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Grill the salmon kabobs: Place the kabobs on a hot grill, turning every 2 to 3 minutes. Grill a few lemon wedges at the same time for garnish.
- Make the chimichurri: If you haven’t already, make the chimichurri sauce while you wait on the salmon skewers.
- Garnish, serve, and enjoy: Transfer the cooked salmon kabobs to a serving platter and top with chimichurri. Squeeze some lemon juice over top if desired, then serve!
What to serve with salmon skewers
These kabobs are delicious with extra green chimichurri on the side for dipping. If you like a little heat, serve them next to my red chimichurri sauce instead.
Otherwise, put out the kabobs with more summer and grilling favorites. They pair well with pesto green beans, peach burrata salad, corn on the cob, grilled smashed potato salad, and cauliflower mash.
Frequently asked questions
High-quality wild caught salmon is very nutritious and full of vitamins and minerals. It’s a great source of omega 3’s, B vitamins, protein, potassium, and much more.
Salmon kabobs only need to cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side on a hot grill, or about 10 minutes total.
You’ll know it’s done cooking when the color looks opaque on the outside and slightly pink on the inside. Touch it with a knife to see if the salmon breaks into pieces; if it flakes, that means it’s slightly overdone.
Yes! Swap the salmon for white fish (like tilapia or halibut), shrimp, or chicken instead.
Hungry for more recipes with salmon?
If you give these Grilled Salmon Kabobs a try, let me know in the comments below. I love seeing your pictures too, so please tag me on Instagram @lenaskitchenblog and use #lenaskitchenblog so I can share them on my page!
Grilled Salmon Kabobs
- 1 pound salmon filet cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for brushing
- ½ lemon cut into wedges
- ½ cup chimichurri sauce
- Heat the grill to 400F. Or heat a grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Thread the salmon and tomatoes onto the metal skewers. (if using bamboo skewers, soak in water for at least 30 minutes, to prevent from burning)
- Brush the salmon and tomatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt on all sides. Grill for 2-3 minutes, turn and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Add lemon wedges to the grill and grill on both sides.
- Transfer the skewers to a platter and drizzle with chimichurri sauce. Serve right away with additional sauce and grilled lemon wedges.
Leave a Reply