Need an easy lunch or dinner idea that is also healthy and Whole30 approved? Try my Salmon, Tomato Skewers with Chimichurri Sauce.
I promise you that you will make this over and over, especially since right now is salmon season. Plus, make extra of the sauce and you will thank me later… you can use it on so many things like eggs, meat, seafood, pork, avocado toasts and so on, you get the idea right?
Perfect meal when you don’t have a lot of time to make something healthy. Pick up some fresh salmon at your local fish monger and create this beautiful meal in no time.
Need another recipe with chimichuri sauce and how to use it up? Check out this delicious tostones recipe.
SALMON & TOMATO SKEWERS
- 1 1/2 lb salmon filet, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- sea salt, to taste
- olive oil, for brushing
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 4 long metal skewers, or 8 wooden skewers soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Light a grill or heat a grill pan. Thread the salmon and tomatoes onto skewers.
- Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt lightly. Grill over moderately medium-high heat, turning once, until salmon is just cooked through, about 4-6 minutes. Also grill the lemon wedges.
- Transfer the skewers to a platter and drizzle with chimichurri sauce. Serve right away with additional sauce and grilled lemon wedges.
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1/2 bunch of parsley
- 1 .75 oz package of chives
- 1/2 small chili pepper (or more if you like it spicy)
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- sea salt, to taste
- 1/4-1/2 cup olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- Chop the herbs, chili and garlic very finely with a knife, add into a bowl.
- Add the fresh lemon juice, sea salt and olive oil. Taste and see if you need any more olive oil or salt. I start with 1/4 cup of olive oil and add more if I want the sauce to be more runny or not.
- The sauce keeps in the fridge for about a week. Use on eggs, meat, fish, sweet potato avocado toasts and more.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you give this SALMON, TOMATO SKEWERS with CHIMICHURI SAUCE a try? Let me know what you think. Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture and share it on my Facebook page or tag it #lenaskitchenblog on Instagram! I love seeing what you come up with!