These marinated herbed goat cheese balls will become your favorite appetizer to serve with toasted bread or crackers, top a salad or eat with a fork. We can all agree that the best thing in life is cheese right?
Let’s be honest, we all know I’m all about simple recipes for the most part. With the holidays upon us and all the things we need to prep and cook, the last thing I want to spend a lot of time doing is making appetizers.
Sharing this simple cheesy idea with you that you can totally make your own too. If you love cheese, you will love this easy appetizer. Make these ahead of time and then enjoy these later. Grab your family or friends to help you roll these and make it fun time. No cooking required.
The perfect cheese for smearing on toasted bread, topping a salad, adding in a sandwich or straight-up eating with a fork. Just soak your favorite variety in a mixture of oils, herbs, add spices if you would like and store it in the fridge for when a cheesy craving strikes.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Your favorite goat cheese
- Finely chopped soft herbs : flat leaf parsley, cilantro, dill, green onion and or chives
- Good olive oil
- Spices, optional
- Rolling and chilling time
Decide on the size of the balls you want create. I rolled mine in 1/2 inch balls, which makes the perfect bite size piece. Roll them in your favorite finely chopped herbs and add the olive oil so they are halfway submerged.
Let these hang out in the oil for a few days to absorb the flavors if you have the time. I give it a day or two before eating them, but if you are short on time, serve them right away with some warm toasted baguette or good crusty bread or crackers. Another option is to serve it with a platter of veggies for a healthier option.
Let’s get rolling and make your cheesy dreams come true. Ohh man I can’t resist being a dork, I’m sorry guys. I was going to say something about the balls, but the line cuts there. Enjoy!
If you make my MARINATED HERBED GOAT CHEESE BALLS, please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love hearing from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
MARINATED HERBED GOAT CHEESE BALLS
- 2 large logs goat cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh green onions or chives, finely chopped
- enough oil to cover cheese balls half way
- toasted baguette or crackers to serve with
- veggies to serve with, optional
- Cut the logs of goat cheese into 8-10 pieces each, then cut those pieces in half. Roll them into desired size balls and then dip them into the fresh herbs mix, add into a serving dish with edges and cover with olive oil half way.
- For the herbs, add as much or as little of each herb into the herb mix. There is no right or wrong way of doing this. The herbs I mention are options. You can use all or only your favorites together.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Make sure to rotate the balls before serving so they are fully coated with the olive oil. Serve with toasted bread, crackers or veggies.