These Marinated Herbed Goat Cheese Balls will become your favorite appetizer to serve with toasted bread or crackers, top a salad or eat with a fork. We can all agree that the best thing in life is cheese right?Jump to Recipe
The perfect cheese for smearing on toasted bread, topping a salad, adding in a sandwich or straight-up eating with a fork. Just soak your favorite variety in a mixture of oils, herbs, add spices if you would like and store it in the fridge for when a cheesy craving strikes.
Ingredients for Marinated Herbed Goat Cheese Balls
- Goat cheese
- Flat leaf parsley
- Green onion or chives
- Good olive oil
Decide on the size of the balls you want create. I rolled mine in 1/2 inch balls, which makes the perfect bite size piece. Roll them in your favorite finely chopped herbs and add the olive oil so they are halfway submerged.
Let these hang out in the oil for a few days to absorb the flavors if you have the time. I give it a day or two before eating them, but if you are short on time, serve them right away with some warm toasted baguette or good crusty bread or crackers. Another option is to serve it with a platter of veggies for a healthier option.
Let’s get rolling and make your cheesy dreams come true. Ohh man I can’t resist being a dork, I’m sorry guys. I was going to say something about the balls, but the line cuts there. Enjoy!
If you make my Marinated Herbed Goat Cheese Balls, please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love hearing from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Marinated Herbed Goat Cheese Balls
- 2 10.5 oz goat cheese logs
- 1/4 cup dill finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions finely chopped
- 1 cup olive oil enough to cover cheese balls half way
- 1 baguette slices toasted
- Cut the logs of goat cheese into 8-10 pieces each, then cut those pieces in half. Roll them into desired size balls and then dip them into the fresh herbs mix, add into a serving dish with edges and cover with olive oil half way.
- For the herbs, add as much or as little of each herb into the herb mix. There is no right or wrong way of doing this. The herbs I mention are options. You can use all or only your favorites together.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Make sure to rotate the balls before serving so they are fully coated with the olive oil. Serve with toasted bread, crackers or veggies.