Summer time magic calls for these utterly gooey, chocolatey, and delicious s’mores bars for your next summer gathering. These Baked Gooey S’more Bars are a summer classic marriage of graham cracker, chocolate, and marshmallow with added almonds for crunch.
If you love s’mores, any type of brownies or bars, you will LOVE my baked gooey s’more bars.
In order to get ready for summer entertaining, I wanted to share these simple baked s’mores bars with you. Especially with 4th of July coming up in a few weeks… eek how is that possible? Feels like summer is half way done, just kidding, it’s not really.
I don’t do that much baking, but there’s always room for a little bit here and there. These baked gooey s’mores bars are a great summer treat that are quick and easy to make. Once you make these once and share them, I promise you, people will ask for them over and over.
We were hosting friends for a BBQ this past weekend. After shopping for all my BBQ necessities at my local Fred Meyer, part of the Kroger Family of Stores, I also picked up everything to make my s’mores bars. The Simple Truth honey graham crackers and Private Selection 62% dark chocolate chunks make for a more gourmet s’more bar without breaking the bank.
Dark chocolate is always my go to in my s’mores, as I find milk chocolate to be too sweet. That said, if you prefer, milk chocolate works just fine. You’re the boss.
Our guests were very happy with these delicious baked gooey s’more bars after dinner. The kids approved as well.
My gooey s’mores dessert will have you feeling like you’re right next to the campfire without smelling like one. I am not into it, but if you’re into camping, good for you. I’ll stick with back yard hangs all summer long instead. Because the best thing is, I can go inside to cool off and sleep in my bed… yep, I’m that anti camping person. Don’t hate me.
The recipe makes a large 9×13 pan, which will yield 20 – 24 bars, depends how big you want them. Perfect for feeding large groups and summer entertaining.
It’s everyone’s favorite summer snack in dessert bar form. You wont be able to eat just one, they are that irresistible.
Bring these to a barbecue, a backyard party, or simply because it’s summer and we all want to have fun!
So fire up the oven, turn up the AC and get your baking on… you wont regret it.
Happy summering lovelies!
GOOEY S’MORE BARS
- 2 cups Simple Truth honey graham crackers, crumbs
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 20-24 Jet-Puffed S'moreMallows or use large marshmallows
- 10 oz Private Selection 62% Dark Chocolate Chunks, melted
- 1/4 cup almond slivers, toasted
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F. and grease and line a 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper, ensuring that the paper along the long sides extends above the pan a bit, to act as handles to remove from the pan later. Set aside.
- Place the graham crackers in a large ziplock and smash them into fine crumbs using a heavy object, I used a rolling pin. It helps to place the bag on a layered hand towel to absorb the impact. Transfer crackers to a medium bowl, add butter and mix with a fork until uniform. Reserve 1 tbsp of the graham cracker crumb.
- Transfer graham crackers to a 9x13 pan. Press crackers down using the back of a glass. Bake crust for 10 minutes or until smell golden. Transfer to a cooling rack until cooled. (leave oven on!)
- Place marshmallows on top of the baked graham crackers, side by side leaving little to no gap in between each marshmallow.
- Toast almond slivers in a pan on medium-low heat until light brown, make sure not to burn. Set aside to cool. Mix in the tbsp of crumb with almonds.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave, heating in 30 second intervals and mixing thoroughly between each interval. Mix until all smooth and melted.
- Top marshmallows with melted chocolate. Spread to cover marshmallow layer. Sprinkle reserved graham cracker/almond crumb all over. Bake for 10-12 minutes to allow the marshmallow to melt. Transfer to a cooling rack. Sprinkle the sea salt.
- When the s’mores are cooled, transfer to the freezer for 30 minutes. Then, let them sit on the counter for about 10 minutes before cutting.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
Thank you for supporting the brands that I enjoy working with. This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Fred Meyer. The opinions and text are all mine.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you give my BAKED GOOEY S’MORE BARS a try? Let me know what you think, rate this recipe in comments below, share it on Pinterest, Facebook or Instagram. Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture, tag it with #lenaskitchenblog on Instagram or tag me on my Facebook page! I love seeing what you come up with! Happy cooking.