When it comes to making dinner, lets be honest, the easier it is the better. This BBQ chicken quarters with quinoa and salad makes the perfect grilled meal any time of the year. Bound to be a meal you will make over and over. Turn on the grill and lets get cooking.I have been thinking lately that making things easier in the kitchen is how I want to cook more and more. With the holidays approaching, I want to be prepping less and enjoying time with friends and family instead. This dish is perfect for fall entertainment. This is why I love shopping at Fred Meyer.The great thing is, Fred Meyer app always has so many great coupons available for me to load onto my card and save before I check out.
So why not take advantage of even bigger savings on September 27, 2017 through October 10, 2017 you can download participating Private Selection ingredients coupons 5x and save over $100 in digital coupons for their brand event, how crazy cool is that? I’m down. Use this link to download yours today and save big.
Also, the great thing about using pre made sauces and marinates to prepare your meat is cutting down on prep time. Sign me up. Love the combination of Private Selection Memphis & Carolina Inspired BBQ & Basting Sauces, which during this deal you get $0.60 off 1 jar. Time to stock up for sure.
In my family, we like to BBQ 365 times a year, plus I’m still trying to hold onto the little bits of summer these days. These BBQ chicken quarters makes for an easy entertaining meal when marinated ahead of time in the combination of the Memphis & Carolina inspired BBQ sauces.
Great combination of sweet and tangy with accents of smoke, rich spices, mustard and cider vinegar create a delicious chicken marinate, baste and a little side after cooked.
Totally wish you had smell-a-vision so you can smell how amazing this smelled. So I hope you will make your house smell this good too when you make this chicken. You can also use some wings or drumsticks to create a party tray for an appetizer too.
I like the fact that people can get an option when you make the BBQ chicken quarters because you can cut them in half at the joint and double the amount of meat. Be creative and enjoy.
Add another good deal to your shopping cart while you’re at the store. Grab a few containers of Private Selection Ice Cream, enjoy $.50 off 1 container… times that by 5 and you got something sweet to finish off the night with.
My favorite flavors are Sea Salt Caramel Truffle Ice Cream, Denali Mint Moose Tracks Ice Cream and Caramel Hazelnut Fudge Truffle Ice Cream. Grab some cones and finish off that dinner party with a sweet tooth. Try them all, then tell my what’s your favorite?
BBQ CHICKEN QUARTERS WITH QUINOA AND TOMATO SALAD
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 1/2 cup Memphis inspired BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup Carolina inspired BBQ
- chives or green onions for garnish
- 2 cups tri-colored quinoa
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4-5 medium tomatoes
- 1/4 sweet onion
- 2 tbsp fresh chives or green onions
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- Mix both BBQ sauces in a bowl. Place chicken into a shallow dish, generously brush on BBQ sauces with a pastry brush. Cover and let sit in the refrigerator for at least two hours, over night is even better.
- Heat grill to 350F. Add chicken, don't discard the sauce that's leftover in the dish, use it to baste the chicken. Baste chicken with pastry brush every 10 minutes until inner chicken temperature reads 165 F. Flip each time you baste it.
- Cook quinoa according to the package. Mine cooked covered in about 15 minutes or until the stock has been absorbed and quinoa is translucent.
- To make the salad, cut your tomatoes in half, then quarter them ad place into a dish. Slice the sweet onion really thin, add with tomatoes. Salt, oil and toss. Sprinkle with chopped chives or green onions.
- That's it, so simple.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you give these BBQ CHICKEN QUARTERS WITH QUINOA & SALAD a try? Let me know what you think. Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture and share it on my Facebook page or tag it #lenaskitchenblog on Instagram! I love seeing what you come up with!
Thank you for supporting the brands that I enjoy working with. This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Fred Meyer. The opinions and text are all mine.5