The perfect step by step Epic Charcuterie Board For Two makes for a great no-cook idea to share with someone special on love day. A little sweet, savory and served with love.Jump to Recipe
Happiest of Valentine’s Day to you lovely. If you celebrate today fully or stay in and celebrate your love, friendships or family. I’ve got an easy appetizer/dinner idea for you.
While you are out and about today grabbing last-minute items to celebrate. Use my easy checklist of items you can pick up to make this beautiful board to share with someone special in your life.
When it comes to charcuterie boards, I consider myself a pretty good expert by now. Some call me the Charcuterie Queen. I have made a few hundred boards in the last couple of years so I’ll take that title. It’s probably one of my favorite things to create. For me, the boards are like pieces of art that I get to curate, different each time. I can’t wait to share some of my tips on creating this board.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SERVE ON:
- WOOD BOARD or a larger ceramic platter. This gorgeous board is designed and created by my friends at Roe and Bella. They create beautiful one of kind wood boards and are available for sale on their site. Make sure to check them out.
- SMALL BOWLS. You can use anything small like this ramekin or this one. I have a large collection of props. It doesn’t have to be anything crazy expensive. Use what you have at home too.
- CHEESE KNIVES. Here are a few options for you to check out. I like to have a set. This set had great details and texture. Another option for a three-piece set. The wooden set option is always nice too. Or use what you have at home.
Learn how to put together this Epic Charcuterie Board For Two with a delicious Easy Smoked Salmon Dip, recipe below.
Showing love through food for people is one of my favorite things to do. It’s part of my love language of giving a gift or acts of service. Have you ever taken the Love Language test to see what yours are? I just took mine again and it’s so interesting to see how much we change over the years. Check out my answers here on a post I did last week.
When I create small boards like this, I mainly shop at Trader Joes for all the goodies. They are a great source for trying new cheeses, crackers, pickled things, sweet things and always have a great selection of dips if you are low on time. Check out my checklist for this board. It’s not necessary to get all of the items, but I list them out for your reference as a guide.
WHAT YOU NEED FOR YOUR EPIC CHARCUTERIE BOARD FOR TWO:
- CHEESES. 2-3 kinds of cheese, one soft, one hard and one creamy. I go for these three as favorites. Manchego, Creamy Toscano Cheese Soaked in Syrah, Boursin Garlic and Herb Goat cheese, you can also do a creamy Brie that you prefer for creamy cheese.
- MEAT. Add 2 different kinds. I like prosciutto and sliced salami. Trader Joe’s carries a great variety. Grab one package of this Prosciutto and your choice of salami and slice it yourself.
- SWEET TREATS. Select two things they have around Valentine’s Day, at Trader Joes. These Heart shaped chocolate dipped cookies and xoxo gummies.
- CHOCOLATE. Grab your favorite chocolate bar. I used Tony’s Chocolonely Valentine chocolate bar.
- NUTS. Marcona almonds from Trader Joes are one of my faves. Add a handful of your favorite nuts.
- CRACKERS. Select your favorite crackers or cut up a baguette instead.
- BERRIES & CITRUS. Add a handful of your favorite berries in a bowl or put them directly on the board. Grab some little tangerines and cut them in half like I did.
- CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES. They are available at all the stores around Valentine’s Day. Or make your own by melting some chocolate and dipping the strawberries in. Let them cool in the fridge on a wire rack.
- OLIVES. Choose the ones you love most. You only need a handful.
- DIP. I created a super yummy smoked salmon dip, see recipe below. It took no more than 5 minutes to whip up. If you are short on time, pick up a premade dip like hummus at any grocery store.
- VEGGIES. I went with using Radicchio and Endive as my vehicles for the dip I created for a healthier option. Add sliced cucumbers, mini bell peppers or mini tomatoes instead if you aren’t feeling my option.
- WINE. Optional. Or make your favorite cocktails.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you give my EPIC CHARCUTERIE BOARD FOR TWO a try? Let me know what you think, rate and review this recipe in the comments below, share it on Pinterest, Instagram or Facebook. Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture, tag it with #lenaskitchenblog on Instagram or tag me on my Facebook page! I love seeing what you come up with! Happy cooking.
Grab these easy and delicious ideas as the main course if you decide to cook for your sweetheart instead:
- RIB EYE STEAK COOKED IN THE OVEN
- CREAMY PORK CHOPS WITH CAULIFLOWER MASH
- COCONUT CURRY MUSSELS
- RADICCHIO SALAD WITH CREAMY RANCH
- BEETS SALAD WITH CITRUS TARRAGON DRESSING
See the recipe below for a super Easy Smoked Salmon Dip below. All you need are 5 ingredients and 5 minutes to make it.
EASY SMOKED SALMON DIP
- 12 oz whipped cream cheese
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 5 oz smoked salmon skin removed
- 2 tbsp fresh dill plus a few sprigs for garnish
- Salt to taste
- First, check salmon for any bones first. Remove if any.
- After, add all ingredients into food processor and blend well until smooth. Add to a bowl, top with a few sprigs of fresh dill. Serve with veggies or crackers.