Tender, golden and juicy Creamy Pork Chops with Cauliflower Mash. Served in a creamy garlic and spinach sauce filled to the brim with flavour. Low carb, gluten-free, easy to make and ready on the table in less than 30 minutes!JUMP TO RECIPE
PIN IT NOW! CLICK HERE TO PIN THIS CREAMY PORK CHOPS WITH CAULIFLOWER MASH RECIPE TO YOUR DINNER IDEA BOARD ON PINTEREST.
Cooked in one pan, they are perfect for quick and easy weeknight dinners. Make these for a special occasion for someone. With Valentine’s Day coming next week, I prefer to stay in and cook something special like this instead of going out.
By adding a whole bunch of garlic, sage, herbs, butter, cream, and spinach to my pork chop recipe, I know I have a hit in my house! You’ll want to lick the plate when you are done. Just do it. No judgment here!
A FEW TIPS FOR BEST PORK CHOPS :
- I prefer to use thick and boneless pork chops. Get at least a 1-1 1/2 inch thick chop. This makes it is easier to not overcook them. Plus keeps them nice and tender. If you prefer, you can use bone-in pork chops if you like those better or have them on hand instead.
- Remove the chops out of the refrigerator at least 20-30 minutes before cooking. They need to warm up slightly in order to cook more evenly. You don’t want to put a cold chop in a hot pan. This will make them tough.
- It is important to make sure that your pork reaches an internal temperature of 145°F. Using a meat thermometer is a great idea when cooking with pork as you do not want to overcook it.
CAN YOU LIGHTEN UP THIS CREAMY PORK CHOP RECIPE?
If you want a lighter version of this meal, use half-n-half instead of heavy cream. Or fully replace with chicken broth.
I love to serve these CREAMY PORK CHOPS with creamy cauliflower mash. They take less than 10 minutes to throw together and have the creamiest flavor. My secret? I cook them in salted water first. Let them drain completely, then finish them off with butter and a bit of cream cheese in a food processor or blender. Use dairy-free milk as a substitute if needed.
The first time I made these, my family didn’t even they weren’t mashed potatoes. Yep, that good.
These make a great alternative for low carb “mashed potato”. Whoever came up with a solution on how to make mashed potatoes with cauliflower is genius. It wasn’t me. But I’m glad I get to share my recipe with you all. Can’t wait to see what you think.
OTHER SIDE OPTIONS FOR CREAMY PORK CHOPS
This is the kind of meal that you could also serve with a nice salad and some bread too and a chilled glass of dry or semi-sweet white wine. Nobody needs to know how easy it was to make and they will be so impressed by your fancy dinner on a weeknight.
TRY THESE SALADS AS A SIDE OPTION:
There’s really no excuse not to give these yummy CREAMY PORK CHOPS WITH CAULIFLOWER MASH a try. If you’re not a pork fan, this creamy sauce would also be amazing served over roasted chicken as well.
TIP : Cauliflower can be made in advance and reheated in a pot or microwave.
I hope you enjoy!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you give my CREAMY PORK CHOPS WITH CAULIFLOWER MASH a try? Let me know what you think, rate and review this recipe in the comments below, share it on Pinterest, Instagram or Facebook. Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture, tag it with #lenaskitchenblog on Instagram or tag me on my Facebook page! I love seeing what you come up with! Happy cooking.
CREAMY PORK CHOPS WITH CAULIFLOWER MASH
- 3 pork chops boneless
- 1 tbsp sea salt divided between three chops
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp fresh sage finely chopped
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 8 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 medium sweet onion finely diced
- 1/3 cup vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups half and half or heavy cream
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 tsp crushed red chili pepper flakes optional
- 8-10 cups water
- salt to taste
- 1 large cauliflower (about 2.5-3lbs) cut into florets
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the boneless pork chops on both sides with paprika, salt and sear in the hot pan, for 2-5 minutes on each side depending on the thickness, or until cooked to your liking. Once done, remove pork chops from the pan and set aside.
- Melt butter in the remaining cooking juices in the same pan. Add onion and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, oregano, chopped sage, mustard and red crushed chili pepper and stir-fry until fragrant, about one minute. Add in the vegetable or chicken stock, and allow to reduce a bit.
- Reduce heat to low heat, add the half and half (or heavy cream), and bring to a gentle simmer. Adjust seasoning with salt if needed.
- Add the spinach leaves and allow to wilt in the sauce. Allow sauce to simmer for a few minutes to thicken.
- 5. Add the chops back into the sauce, allow to simmer for about 10 minutes (until internal temperature reads 145 F) to heat through. Spoon the sauce over each pork chops every couple minutes and flip over half way. Serve over cauliflower mash, roasted vegetables, zucchini noodles or cauliflower rice. Enjoy!
- In a medium pot add water, sea salt to a pot, bring to a light boil.
- Separate cauliflower into florets and cut in smaller chunks. Add cauliflower into the pot, cover with the lid, but leave a little space open for milk not to boil over. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until fork-tender. Drain into a colander. Making sure its completely dry.
- Add cauliflower into a food processor, add butter and cream cheese. Blend until very smooth and creamy. Adjust seasoning as needed. Serve hot.