Comfort food at its finest, say hello to this Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup. Topped with fresh vegetables and tons of flavor, it’s the new, best way to enjoy cheeseburgers without feeling guilty.Jump to Recipe
This Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup is the perfect keto meal for when you’re craving a drive-thru burger. It’s super healthy, hearty, and packed with fresh veggies and ground beef. Adding cheese and all the toppings you love at the end, I promise you won’t be missing the heavy, guilty feeling of eating a regular burger afterward!
Great for meal planning
Doubling a batch of this Cheeseburger Soup will leave you with enough leftovers to enjoy all week long. Pack up the soup base for lunch, and separate the fresh vegetables and toppings so they remain fresh. Pop it in the microwave for a couple minutes, add your toppings, and there you have it: an easy, delicious lunch to fill you up all afternoon.
Make sure to Pin this recipe so you can prepare it for lunch over and over again.
Instant Pot love
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: I LOVE my Instant Pot! While a fresh pot of soup can sometimes take more than an hour to come together, the Instant Pot cuts this time in half. In 30 minutes, you have a meal the whole family will enjoy.
Show your Instant Pot some love and try out a few of my other recipes using this awesome tool:
- INSTANT POT EGG BITES RECIPE (STARBUCKS COPYCAT)
- FINGER LICKING GOOD INSTANT POT RIBS
- INSTANT POT BEEF RAGU
- INSTANT POT DEVILED EGGS
An easy, flexible dinner
All this Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup needs to come together is a little chopping, sautéing, and a variety of flavor enhancers. Top the finished base with everything you like on your usual burger order: pickles, lettuce, avocado, fresh tomato, pickled onions, etc. You could even add a scoop of my chimichurri sauce for a touch of zing!
While the soup is cooking, prepare all the fresh toppings you like. Instead of rushing to have everything chopped and ready, you’ll save yourself lots of time by doing this while your Instant Pot is working its magic. If feeding your family or a large group, separate the toppings into small bowls so everyone can choose what they like.
Like I said, this dish is very flexible. Even though this recipe is low in carbs and keto-friendly, there are always options to ensure you feel light as a feather when you’ve finished. Check out these substitution options for more variety:
- Use ground turkey or a dark meat chicken rather than beef for leaner protein and easy digestion. If vegetarian, use a ground meat-substitute.
- Swap the dairy cheese and cream cheese for a non-dairy version or nutritional yeast. You’ll still get that cheesy-flavor and creaminess without the regular dairy.
- Bone broth is fantastic for gut health, but if it’s not for you, use vegetable broth instead. It would be a great compliment to the fresh veggie toppings.
My family loved this Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup so much it barely lasted one night. They were even asking for more the next day! I would highly recommend double or tripling a batch if you want leftovers.
If you fall in love with this soup just like we did, please let me know in the comments or feel free to rate this recipe!
Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup (Keto)
- 6 qt Instant Pot
- 2 lb 80/20 beef
- 1 small sweet onion chopped
- 6 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 28 oz pack fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 cups beef bone broth or beef stock
- 8 oz cream cheese or dairy-free cream cheese
- 4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- raw onions
- green onion chopped
- pickle chopped
- tomatoes chopped
- cheddar cheese
- lettuce chopped
- Turn on the Instant Pot to sauté mode. Add the beef and sauté for about 5-7 mins or until no pink remains. Remove from the Instant Pot.
- Add the onions and sauté for 5 mins, then add the garlic. Sauté for another 1 minute, then add the meat back in. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in tomatoes, bone broth or stock, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and sea salt. Adjust seasoning if needed. Add cream cheese on top and mix well.
- Close the lid and cook for 10 mins on high pressure. Once finished, quick release and mix well again.
- Add the finished soup to a bowl, and then add any fresh toppings you desire. Serve hot.