Low Carb Mediterranean Burger Salad with a seasoned beef patty, served with a refreshing tomato, cucumber & olive salad with feta on a bed of arugula. Topped with my famous LENASKITCHEN PICKLED ONIONS.
Make this ahead of time if you want to take your lunch to go. You can pan fry or grill the burger meat ahead of time and reheat it later. The easy greek salad on top adds the perfect amount of crunch and freshness.
Keep reading, I have something to tell you below.
This is not the secret, I am turning 39 this year on December 17th. OMG! Right?
I have another secret I’ve been keeping from you, but can’t keep it any longer… so I’ll share, keep reading.
Ok, I might be freaking out a bit more than I should. They say, you get better with age, like fine wine and stinky cheese… who came up with that? I don’t know.
I decided that I am giving myself a generous gift this year for my 39th birthday.
Want to know what it is? A whole 39 lbs off or atleast close to that number. Yep. Keeping myself accountable with you. I have less than 2 months to achieve my goal.
Wasn’t going to share my gift incase someone else wanted to gift it to me… hahahh, jk.
In all honesty, I am ready to feel good about myself on the outside how I feel on the inside.
We’ve all tried one or more in our lifetime, right? Who hasn’t? I know I have. Tried and failed or gone off the bandwagon. Whole30 was great and I did it 5 times, but it wasn’t sustainable for my lifestyle.
Have you heard of Keto? I have, but have always said, ohh I don’t have time for that. Now, I’m changing my mind. Investing in my health is something I am finally doing for ME, nobody else. Only took me 38 years to figure that out, not really, but really.
Excited to tell you… I am trying KETO and I’m excited.
This is my first week trying the KETO diet to see what I think of it, what I think of the food and all that. Loving it so far.
A friend who just finished a month of it, loved it and was telling me all about it and guess what. She shared a shortcut of do’s and don’ts on a multi page document with me, which has been very helpful to have on hand. I was sold on her motivation.
You can find more info by doing your own research and check out what I found on this blog about KETO.
Cooking good food is my thing. Easy, healthy, approachable. My challenge for the next couple of months is to cook with intention of making it Keto friendly. Making sure my whole family loves it too will be my biggest challenge. Periodically, I will share my recipes on the blog, but I really want this to be something I enjoy and am doing for myself. This salad was too good not to share. So here we are.
Drinking lots and lots of water and recording everything I eat on an app called Carb Manager. Not my typical self here, I suck at recording things. But, to be honest, it’s been fun to see the progress of what I eat, my water intake and weight progress.
Hope you enjoyed my news.
While raiding my fridge to make something quick for lunch today, I remembered I had a burger patty leftover from dinner the other night that needed to be cooked. This is where the idea came to mind to make a burger salad. I had all the ingredients to make a salad, which I have been enjoying for lunch this week in one way form or another.
The great thing is, this salad takes less than 15 minutes, takes delicious and is healthy. Make it Whole30 approved by omitting the feta cheese. Enjoy!
LOW CARB MEDITERRANEAN BURGER SALAD
- 1/4 cup cucumber, finely diced
- 1/4 cup tomato, finely diced
- 5 kalamata olives
- 1 tbsp feta cheese, crumbled
- 1-3 tbsp or more LENASKITCHEN PICKLED ONIONS
- 1/4-1/2 tsp sea salt, more to taste if needed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- 1/4 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Season burger with sea salt and oregano on both sides. I made my beef patties from ground beef because I like mine a bit thicker. If using ground beef make a 1/4 cup sized ball and then flatten into a patty, then season. But you can use premade patties, that works too.
- Heat pan to medium high heat, add olive oil or oil or choice. Make sure it's hot, then add the burger patty, press down with a spatula so all sides are touching the pan. Or grill them on the grill, both ways will be great. Cook for about 4-6 minutes a side. Whatever is your desired cook on beef. Flip and cook the same amount of time on the other side. Once done, on bed of arugula.
- Finely dice cucumber and tomato into small cubes. Slice olives into thirds. Mix together with olive oil and sea salt. Taste for seasoning. Top the burger with salad.
- Crumble feta cheese on top of salad and burger, add desired amount of LENASKITCHEN PICKLED ONIONS and a sprinkle of fresh thyme. Enjoy!
If you make my LOW CARB MEDITERRANEAN BURGER SALAD, please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love hearing from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
SHARE THIS IMAGE BELOW ON PINTEREST