Tomorrow people will be gathering in homes, bars, stadiums to celebrate a big day for Football fans. Funny thing is I am not a fan of football at all, even though I work on women’s apparel at Nike. My husband likes to watch it once in a while and I just enjoy the gathering around good food part with the gals. Tomorrow we are off to our friends house to celebrate a birthday and let the boys and gals who enjoy watching the game watch the game and the rest of us gather around a table with some good homemade meals. I am prepping a few dishes to bring with me. I wanted to make sure there are some healthy options to enjoy besides the chilly and other heavy foods that will be provided already.
I made a practice run on a new favorite dip for a party last week and was really happy with the results. Also sharing some salt + vinegar baby potatoes with mustard sauce, that is to die for, I have been adding both of these to so many other dishes and eggs this whole week.
I hope you enjoy these recipes and give them a try. Enjoy the game tomorrow, the food and drinks. I am always happy to hear any feedback and how the food I post on here turns out for you, so send me some love and share how it turned out for you.
WHITE BEAN + ARTICHOKE DIP
- 2 cans organic navy beans, drained
- 1 jar marinated artichokes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 generous pinches of sea salt
- zest and juice of one lemon
- 1 tsp Hungarian or smoked paprika
- 1.4 cups olive oil
- 3 large shallots, finely chopped and sautéed with oil until golden
- 0.5 cup chopped chives
- In a food processor, add the drained beans, artichokes, garlic cloves, salt, paprika, lemon zest and then juice, blend until smooth. While the food processor is on, slowly add the olive oil until the dip is nice and smooth in texture.
- Place in the refrigerator to cool down.
- Peel and finely chop the shallots. Heat pan to medium high heat, add about a tablespoon of olive oil, sauté shallots until golden brown. Place into a bowl to the side.
- Chop the fresh shallots into small pieces.
- Now you are ready to add the sautéed shallots and chives into the chilled dip. Mix well together and add to a bowl.
- I added raw rainbow carrots, radishes, baby tomatoes, roasted cauliflower with paprika and olive oil, grilled broccolini and asparagus to a large platter and placed the dip in the middle. Also added a bowl of root veggie chips instead of other chips, adds great pop of color and the flavor with the dip is amazing. The veggies are great for this and the dip works very well with them. But you can add whatever veggies and even grilled chicken or another protein to this platter to make it your own flavors. It's super flexible.
SALT + VINEGAR ROASTED POTATOES with MUSTARD +TURMERIC SAUCE
- 1 1/2 lbs small roasting potatoes
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp flaky sea salt
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp Whole Grain Dijon Mustard from Trader Joe's
- 2 tbsp garlic aioli mustard from Trader Joe's
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tbsp raw agave syrup
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Place racks towards the bottom.
- Wash and half the potatoes. Place in large pot with apple cider vinegar and then cover with water. Bring to boil and continue to boil for 12 minutes. Strain and pat dry. Toss potatoes with olive oil and sea salt and place on a baking sheet cut side down lined with parchment.
- Roast in the oven for 10 minutes and then reduce temperature to 350 F / 175 C and roast until golden brown and crisp, about 15-20 minutes.
- Mix together mustards, ground turmeric, agave and lemon juice. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Add into a small bowl and set in the fridge.
- Once potatoes are done, place in a bowl, serve warm with the mustard sauce on the side. These are addicting, so enjoy!
Enjoy and Bon Appetité!