Say hello to the juiciest Everyday Baked Chicken Breast ever! Sprinkled with onion salt and olive oil, this is the perfect chicken to add to sandwiches, salads, or pasta. Easy, simple, and delicious.Jump to Recipe
Everyday Baked Chicken Breasts Are Perfect In Any Dish
I love this recipe for Everyday Baked Chicken Breast because it takes no time at all. I don’t even need to run to the store because it uses just THREE ingredients! It’s a great go-to recipe to have on hand (pin it here) when you’re in a pinch and need to add a little protein to a meal.
Enjoy this baked chicken breast on its own, or chop it up for cobb salads. Add fresh herbs, pickles, red peppers, and my Whole30 homemade mayo. For a yummy appetizer, throw the chopped chicken in some lettuce cups and top with my pickled onions. Toss it in my Romesco Sauce and add it to a super savory sandwich.
About The Ingredients
We’re leaving the bone in and skin on for this Everyday Baked Chicken Breast, and you won’t regret it! Compared to boneless chicken breasts, bone-in is less expensive and will give the meat a flavor that is unforgettable. The skin will seal in the juices as it cooks, making the meat moist and tender.
I’m using one of my favorite seasonings, Trader Joe’s Onion Salt, on the chicken breasts. For an easy substitution, mix 2 teaspoons of onion powder, 2 teaspoons of garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of dried chives, and ½ teaspoon of sea salt. Add in some rosemary or thyme for a more Italian flavor.
Last but not least, dousing the chicken breasts in a high-quality oil, such as Lucini Extra Virgin Olive Oil, adds fat and moisture.
How To Make Everyday Baked Chicken Breasts
- Preheat the Oven: Set your oven to 375ºF. This is the best temperature for baking chicken breasts as it will make the skin crispy and meat juicy.
- Prep the Chicken Breasts: Rinse the two large chicken breasts and pat dry with paper towels. Lay them on a baking sheet with foil.
- Baked Chicken Seasoning: This is a quick and easy seasoning with only two ingredients. First, drizzle olive oil on both chicken breasts and rub so they’re well coated. Next, sprinkle the Trader Joe’s Onion Salt on both sides of each breast, and pat gently to cover entirely. Add them to the oven.
- Cooking Time for Bone-In Baked Chicken Breasts: The cooking time will vary depending on the size of your bone-in chicken breasts. If they’re on the smaller side, bake for 35-40 minutes, or 40-45 for larger sizes. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature until the chicken breasts read 165ºF.
- Remove From The Oven: When the meat is cooked, juicy, and crispy, remove it from the oven and let it rest on a cutting board for 5 minutes.
Helpful Recipe Tips
Can I Use Chicken Thighs Instead?
Use this same method and seasoning for bone-in chicken thighs. My recipe for Greek Crispy Chicken Thighs will give you additional details. It will also work for tenders or drumsticks, but be wary of the cooking time. Boneless meat takes much less time to bake.
Letting The Meat Rest
Letting the baked chicken breasts rest for 5 minutes will seal in their juices. If you cut the pieces too early, the moisture will leak and the meat will be dry.
Cook With Potatoes or Vegetables
For an easy meal for two, prep the chicken breasts and add them to an oven-safe skillet or pot along with chopped potatoes, carrots, beets, or root vegetables. The drippings from the roasted chicken will season the vegetables, making them soft and buttery.
Perfect For Meal Prep
Double the recipe when using the chicken for meal prep. Store it in an airtight container in the fridge for ready-to-go meals throughout the week. Check out all the recipes you can use this Everyday Baked Chicken Breast with:
- Chicken & Broccoli + Mushroom Grilled Pizza.
- Quick And Easy Homemade Chicken Pot Pies With Puff Pastry
- Crispy Chicken Cutlet Sandwich
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you give my EVERYDAY BAKED CHICKEN BREAST a try, let me know what you think! What did you serve it with? Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture, tag it with #lenaskitchenblog on Instagram! I love seeing what you come up with!
Everyday Baked Chicken Breast
- 2 large chicken breasts, bone and skin on
- 3-4 tbsp Trader Joe's Onion Salt
- 2-3 tbsp Lucini olive oil, or any high quality olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Rinse and dry your chicken breasts using paper towel. Add to the baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over the top and bottom of the chicken breasts, and rub so they're well coated. Sprinkle with onion salt on both sides and rub gently so the chicken is completely covered.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes for smaller breasts, and 40-45 minutes for larger ones. For extra-crispy skin, turn the heat up to 425ºF and leave in the oven for an additional 5 minutes. The chicken should read 165ºF on a meat thermometer.
- When it’s done, allow the chicken to rest on a cutting board for about 5 minutes. Slice or remove the meat off the bone. Adjust seasoning with more salt if needed after cooking. Enjoy!