Chocolate Bark with Cherries and Pistachios, the perfect holiday homemade gift to make for the chocolate lover in your life. Dark and white chocolate combined with cherries and pistachios is the perfect balance of sweet and tangy.
Anything with chocolate is a winner in my book, and around this time of year you’ll see that there are different holiday bark combos all over the place. But I wanted to show you it is just as easy to make your own at home – this bark recipe has only 4 ingredients and literally takes about 10 minutes to make. It does need some time to cool, but the putting together part is so easy. the end result… AMAZING!!!!
PIN IT NOW! CLICK HERE TO PIN THIS CHOCOLATE BARK WITH CHERRIES AND PISTACHIOS RECIPE TO YOUR HOLIDAY BOARD ON PINTEREST.
If you have a neighbor, teacher, friend, lover or anyone in your life who loves chocolate, you need to try this recipe. It’s so easy and fool proof of deliciousness. This makes a beautiful food gift for anyone this season. I mean, no cooking required? Sign me up. Plus its uber pretty and you can add whatever nuts and dried fruit you like or have on hand.
As I am writing this, I’m listening to “Gonna make you Sweat” by C & C and breaking into a happy dance of how good this turned out. The flavor combo is so good, salty, sweet, crunchy and chocolatey. Bitter chocolate starts off strong and then mellowed out by the white chocolate and sweet tart cherries.
The great thing is, you can sub out the toppings and chocolate types to your liking, but if you love cherries and pistachios, give this combo a try first. So good.
OTHER TOPPING OPTIONS TO TRY:
- Different types of nuts mixed
- Dried fruit
- Dehydrated fruit
- Chopped crystallized ginger
- Flaky salt
- Mini peanut butter cups
- Chopped candy bars
- Potato chips
- Citrus zest
- Cacao nibs
- Cookie bits
- Graham crackers
- Breakfast cereal
OTHER EDIBLE HOMEMADE GIFTS TO TRY THIS YEAR :
TEMPERING CHOCOLATE: Means heating the chocolate in a way that you don’t destroy its crystal structure. Then, when it comes back to a solid state, it will remain smooth and glossy, with no streaks or discoloration, and will retain that pleasant “snap” you find in a chocolate bar. Sounds good? I promise it’s really easy and can also be done in a microwave too.
If you want to learn more about tempering chocolate and choosing the best types of chocolate from this article from The Kitchn. This will tell you everything you need to know! It was helpful for me to read through.
Grab a microwave safe bowl for the microwave process. A glass or metal bowl and a small pot filled with an inch of water if you do this on the stove top to create double boiler. In a microwave or over a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate.
SEE RECIPE FOR MORE DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE PROCESS.
With an offset spatula, spread the chocolate to create a pretty even rectangle about 1/4 in thick. Add dollops of melted white chocolate. Drag a toothpick or skewer through the chocolates to swirl it together in a decorative pattern. Let it sit for a few minutes before adding your toppings. I roughly chopped the pistachios and cut the cherries in half.
Let the chocolate sit at room temperature until firm. Break or cut the bark into desired size pieces and store in an airtight container. If the chocolate bark does not set up firmly at room temperature the chocolate has lost its temper. It’s still totally delicious; you’ll just need to store it in the refrigerator to keep it firm.
Add these in a cute little cookie tins or boxes, wrap a few in a see through bags with a string and a little piece of christmas tree greens with a tag. I’m making enough to share with teachers, neighbors and of course family and friends this year. People love chocolate, so let’s give them chocolate.
If you make my CHOCOLATE BARK WITH CHERRIES AND PISTACHIOS as a gift this year, please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love hearing from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
CHOCOLATE BARK WITH CHERRIES AND PISTACHIOS
- 8 oz 60% Cacao Dark Chocolate, Ghirardelli Bitter Sweet Baking Bar (2 4oz bars)
- 6 oz White Chocolate, Ghirardelli Chocolate Baking Bar
- 1/4 cup pistachios, roughly chopped salted and roasted
- 1/4 cup dried cherries, cut in halves
- Prepare work station first. Place a large parchment paper on your counter. Secure with tape so paper doesn't move. Prepare your toppings by choppings them and set aside.
- Chop both chocolates into small pieces and set aside.
- STOVE TOP METHOD : Create double boiler on stove and melt all of the dark chocolate over low heat. Pour melted chocolate onto parchment paper. Clean bowl and melt white chocolate over double boiler using the same method.
- MICROWAVE METHOD : Add 1/3 of the dark chocolate to a microwave safe bowl. Heat in the microwave on high for thirty seconds. Remove the bowl from the microwave and stir the chocolate with a rubber spatula. Return the bowl to the microwave and heat again for thirty seconds, then stir. Heat again for thirty seconds, then stir. By now, the chocolate should be completed melted. If it's not, return to the microwave in 15 second intervals until all of the chocolate is just barely melted after 10-15 seconds of vigorous stirring.Add the remaining quarter of unmelted dark chocolate pieces to the melted dark chocolate. Stir vigorously until all of the chocolate is smooth and melted. The dark chocolate is now tempered and ready to use. Repeat for White Chocolate.
- Using a rubber spatula, transfer the dark chocolate from the bowl onto the parchment paper. Using an offset spatula, spread the chocolate into an even layer that is roughly 1/4" thick. The dollop on the white chocolate as pictured. Swirl with a toothpick or chopstick to get nice design swirled in.
- Top with the dried cherries and pistachios over the chocolate in an even layer. Set the chocolate aside to cool down and harden at room temperature.
- Once the chocolate is completely hardened, cut or break into chunks and store in an airtight container. The bark keeps at room temperature for approximately a week, or in the fridge for up to 1 month.
Happy Holidays friends!
Sending you Peace, Love and Joy!