This 5-minute Easy Miso Cream Cheese Dip is a healthy party appetizer or tangy bagel spread. All you need are 2 ingredients and 1 bowl!Jump to Recipe
Miso-infused cream cheese dip
Here’s what you have to do when friends or family pop by without warming and you don’t have anything delicious prepared: grab some whipped cream cheese and white miso paste, mix the two together, and serve with all sorts of fresh goodies. Sit back and watch as your guests are wowed!
My Easy Miso Cream Cheese Dip is perfect for any occasion. Whether you need a healthy party snack, something quick and easy to enjoy after work, or an exciting spread for your morning bagels, this dip is always the right choice. Bonus: you only need 2 ingredients, 1 bowl, and 5 minutes!
What is miso paste?
Miso paste is made from fermented soybeans. Combining the soybeans with a special mold (koji) helps to break down the enzymes in the beans and leaves you with the finished miso paste.
You can usually find miso in 2 varieties: white and red. White miso is lighter tasting and less salty compared to red miso because it doesn’t ferment as long.
What does miso paste taste like?
Miso tastes salty, earthy, and tangy thanks to its lengthy fermentation process. It’s a popular choice in soup, dip, sauce, and on vegetables to infuse delightful and distinguishable umami flavors. It’s why I love mixing it into something simple, like cream cheese, because it really gives basic ingredients a huge boost!
Creamy miso dip ingredients
- Whipped cream cheese – You can buy pre-whipped cream cheese or whip it yourself using a standing or handheld mixer. Whipping cream cheese for dip creates delicious, light, and airy bites!
- Miso paste – Made from fermented soybeans, miso is a flavor-packed paste used in many Asian recipes like ramen and rice bowls. White miso paste is best for this recipe because it’s mild and light compared to the bolder red miso paste.
How to make miso cream cheese dip
- Whip the cream cheese: Use a standing or handheld mixer to whip the cream cheese until it’s light and fluffy.
- Mix and enjoy: To finish, add the whipped cream cheese and miso to a serving bowl and mix well. Serve at room temperature and enjoy!
Keep this light, healthy, and creamy miso dip in your fridge at all times to enjoy as a morning spread or an evening snack. Here are my favorite ways to serve it:
- As a dip: Surround the cream cheese spread with sliced apples (my favorite), soft and hard pretzels, potato chips, cucumbers, carrots, and bread.
- As a spread: On bagels or sandwiches with lox, cured salmon, avocado, and pickled red onions.
More savory dips to try
Did you try this Easy Miso Cream Cheese Dip? Let me know what you think in the comments below, or share a picture on Instagram! I love to share all of your recreations on my page.
Easy Miso Cream Cheese Dip
- 12 oz whipped cream cheese
- 3-4 tsp White Miso paste
- In a bowl, add cream cheese and miso paste. Mix well.
- Serve at room temp with your favorite apples, pretzels, potato chips, or veggies.