Fresh and easy, these Healthy Taco Bowls With Mexican Beef are perfect anytime of the year. A foolproof choice for meal prepping, this is a nutritious and satisfying option to be enjoyed by the whole family.Jump to Recipe
A treat anytime of the year, Mexican dishes are quick to pack a punch with their traditional and savory flavors. Using perfectly seasoned meat and fresh toppings, these Healthy Taco Bowls With Mexican Beef are no different. Made up of keto and low-carb ingredients, this recipe comes together in no time, and can be enjoyed by the whole family.
Taco Bowls Are Suitable For All Dietary Needs
This is as flexible as it gets. Whether you’re following a keto, low-carb, gluten-free, vegetarian, or vegan diet, these Healthy Taco Bowls will work for you. I’ve chosen to use Mexican beef as the main protein in this dish, but you can use any of your favorites. Ground chicken, turkey, tofu, or garbanzo beans are all great choices.
Cook your protein of choice with my naturally gluten-free Easy Homemade Taco Seasoning. All you need to do to prep a batch is throw the ingredients in an airtight container and shake to combine. It’ll last you months, and you’ll be able to recreate these bowls whenever you want!
Get Creative With Toppings
With the Mexican Beef and taco seasoning being the stars of this dish, I’ve decided to compliment them using an array of fresh veggies. Because they add extra hydration, you won’t be overwhelmed by spice. Plus, the Yogurt Lime Crema is extra cooling.
A few favorite topping options my bowls:
- Lena’s Kitchen Pickled Onions
- Seasoned garbanzo beans, using my Easy Homemade Taco Seasoning
If you’re in the mood for a more savory Healthy Taco Bowl, roasting or grilling vegetables will add depth and meaty flavors. Use my Roasted Cauliflower recipe when roasting any of the following:
- Sweet Potatoes
Perfect for Meal Prepping
The Healthy Taco Bowls With Mexican Beef work well as weekly lunches or leftovers. For a weeks worth of lunches and meals, cook a couple pounds of the Mexican beef ahead of time and store it in the fridge. Keep your prepped veggies and toppings in separate airtight containers to help them remain fresh for as long as possible.
If you like to mix it up throughout the week, try using the Mexican beef and Yogurt Lime Crema in regular tacos, on a taco salad, or in chili. The options are endless!
If you make these Healthy Taco Bowls With Mexican Beef, please let me know what you think in the comments below! I love reading each and every one of them.
Don’t forget to share your recreations with me on Instagram. Tag me @lenaskitchenblog and use #lenaskitchenblog so I can share them to my page!
Healthy Taco Bowls With Mexican Beef
- 2 lbs 80/20 ground beef, or any ground meat
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6-8 tbsp Easy Homemade Taco Seasoning
- Salt as needed
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce
- tomatoes, cut into pieces
- Lena's Kitchen Pickled Onions
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1-2 tbsp water, to thin out the sauce
Yogurt Lime Crema
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside until you're ready to assemble your taco bowls.
Healthy Taco Bowls With Mexican Beef
- Sauté the onion in a large frying pan for 5-7 minutes on medium heat. Add garlic and sauté another minute.
- Add meat to the pan and break it down using a spatula. Sauté until no red meat is visible, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in the taco seasoning and cook for another 3 minutes to combine the flavors.
- Assemble the taco bowls: cut the lettuce into wedges, and add the meat. Top with chopped tomatoes, radishes, and cilantro, then drizzle yogurt lime crema overtop. Finish with a sprinkle of taco seasoning.