If you’re looking for the perfect afternoon snack without the empty calories, give these One Bowl Keto Crackers a try. Packed with four kinds of seeds, these crunchy, gluten-free, deliciously seasoned snacks are full of nutrition and flavor.Jump to Recipe
As I was snacking on Trader Joe’s Gluten-Free Norwegian Crispbread one day, my inspiration began to grow. I love that these crackers are keto and gluten-free, however, I’m not a fan of the price tag. Instead of spending another $4 on a pack, I figured, why not make my own?
After testing a few different recipes, I landed on Diet Doctor’s Keto Seed Crackers as a base. It was perfect – healthy, easy, and packed with a flexible list of ingredients. To add my own personal spin to my One Bowl Keto Crackers recipe, I adjusted some flavors and added ingredients I love. In my opinion, you can’t go wrong by adding Everything But The Bagel Seasoning or nutritional yeast to a meal.
A flexible and easy snack
Get your butt to the health food store and pick out your favorite ingredients to add or substitute to these One Bowl Keto Crackers.
Honestly, this recipe is so flexible you can include almost anything you like. Add a little garlic powder and savory spices like thyme or oregano for an Italian twist, or try ground flax seeds and hemp hearts for a boost of protein. Just make sure that when you’re making substitutions to ensure the quantities of seeds are equal to this recipe, otherwise the crackers may not come together as well.
Get creative! All it takes is some imagination and just one bowl. Everything I added to these crackers is keto and gluten-free, making the perfect guilt-free snack:
- unsalted sunflower seeds
- unsalted pumpkin seeds
- flaxseed or chia seeds
- sesame seeds
- ground psyllium husk powder
- almond flour
- Everything But The Bagel Seasoning
- nutritional yeast
- sea salt
- coconut oil
- boiling water
What should I serve with my One Bowl Keto Crackers?
These are the perfect crackers to dip, layer with toppings, or just enjoy on their own. Here are a few of my favorite suggestions:
- Dip them in my smoked salmon dip or white bean dip
- Spread mashed avocado on top and add Everything But The Bagel Seasoning
- Serve them alongside my Instant Pot deviled eggs
- Add them to a meat and cheese plate
- Top with cream cheese, lox, and my pickled onions
- Crumble on top of a salad for an added crunch
- Enjoy alongside peanut butter and berries
How to properly store these crackers
Once your One Bowl Keto Crackers are cooled and dry, store them in an airtight container. They should remain fresh and crispy for up to two weeks in your cupboard or pantry.
Preparing your cracker “dough” for the oven
Roll out your One Bowl Keto Cracker “dough” until it’s about ¼ inch thick or a little less. If needed, split the dough over two baking sheets to ensure the proper thickness. One of my batches was a smidge too thick and the finished result didn’t have that proper “snap” you need from a cracker.
Be sure to watch them carefully as they are baking. A thinner dough will require less cooking time than a thicker dough. Once your crackers are golden brown and fragrant, remove from the oven.
Did you make my One Bowl Keto Crackers?
If you make my ONE BOWL KETO CRACKERS, please be sure to leave a comment below and/or rate this recipe! I love hearing your thoughts, experiences, and especially love browsing through your pictures. I always do my best to respond to each and every comment, so please let me know what you think. If you do happen to try out this recipe for an epic addition to any yummy afternoon snack, don’t forget to also tag me on INSTAGRAM and use my hashtag #lenaskitchenblog!
One Bowl Keto Crackers (Gluten Free)
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl and mix. Pour the boiling water and oil over top and mix together with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Work the dough with the spoon or spatula for a few minutes until it forms a ball and is gel-like.
- Add the dough to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and spread with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Add another piece of parchment paper on top of the dough and use a rolling pin to flatten the dough evenly. It should be about 1/4 inch thick or a little less. If needed, use two baking sheets to ensure the dough is not too thick.
- Remove the piece of parchment paper on top of the dough and add the baking sheet with the crackers to the lower rack in your oven for about 40-45 minutes. Check them occasionally to ensure they are cooking evenly and are not burning. Seeds are heat sensitive so pay close attention towards the end.
- Once cooked, turn the oven off and leave the crackers inside to dry (about 40-45 minutes). Once dried and cool, remove from the oven and carefully break into pieces. Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks in a cupboard or pantry.