Enjoy a bowl full of this Keto Smoked Salmon Avocado Salad for brunch or lunch. Dressed in a vibrant lemon dill vinaigrette, the bright flavors and healthy fats in each bite shine. It’s completely low-carb and gluten-free!Jump to Recipe
My nourishing Keto Smoked Salmon Avocado Salad with a homemade lemon dill vinaigrette makes for a beautiful entree you can serve at brunch, for Mother’s day, or for a bright and vibrant lunch. The soft boiled eggs, avocado, and smoked salmon served over a bowl of greens makes each bite filling, flavorful, and perfectly harmonized.
This keto and low-carb salad reminds me of my favorite bagel brunch board but without any of the heavy ingredients. The creamy avocado and eggs are full of healthy fats and protein, plus the buttery soft slices of cold smoked salmon give each bite just a little bit of saltiness. Topped with fresh dill, lemon juice, and cherry tomatoes, you end up with a light and fresh salad that will complement your main dish or a bowl of soup!
This brunch-worthy salad would be the perfect pairing to a bowl of Tomato Soup or on the side of a Keto Everything Bagel topped with cream cheese, pickled onions, and lox. Don’t forget my homemade Strawberry Pop Tarts for dessert!
Ingredients you’ll need
- Smoked salmon – Use your favorite storebought wild-caught cold smoked salmon, homemade dill cured salmon, or smoke the salmon filets yourself.
- Eggs – Topping the salad with soft-boiled eggs almost turns this recipe into a smoked salmon cobb salad. They give each bite a boost of protein and healthy nutrients, making the salad a perfect option for lunch.
- Avocado – Creamy avocado gives this salad some healthy fats to help fill you up. It’s a light alternative to the more traditional mayonnaise.
- Cherry tomatoes – For a little freshness and a pop of color.
- Arugula – I like the peppery taste of arugula but you could use butter leaf lettuce or mixed greens instead.
- Everything But The Bagel Seasoning – To give the salad some crunch and savory flavors.
- Dill and lemon juice – To season the eggs and salad.
- Lemon dill salad dressing – This easy homemade vinaigrette perfectly complements the fresh and creamy salad. It’s made with a handful of simple ingredients, like extra virgin olive oil, dijon mustard, lemon juice, and fresh dill.
How to make smoked salmon salad with lemon dill vinaigrette
- Soft boil the eggs: Simmer the eggs for a few minutes or until you see small bubbles around the eggshells. When done, place them in a bowl of cold water to keep them from cooking. Peel off the shell when they’re cool to the touch.
- Make the lemon dill dressing: Chop the dill and add it to a mason jar along with the rest of the dressing ingredients. Shake it well and put it aside until it’s time to assemble the salad.
- Assemble the salad: Divide the greens between two bowls and top each with dressing. Add the tomatoes and smoked salmon. Add in the avocado and season with salt and lemon juice, then add the halved eggs and season with salt and dill. Top both bowls with everything but the bagel seasoning and serve with lemon wedges on the side.
- If you don’t have extra virgin olive oil, use light olive oil or safflower or sunflower oil instead.
- Make it creamier: Replace the oil in the dressing with homemade mayonnaise or blend the ingredients together with half of an avocado instead.
- More salad toppings: Add in sliced radishes, cucumbers, red onion, shredded chicken, bacon, or chives.
Both the salad dressing and the soft boiled eggs can be made ahead of time so you can have this salad ready in minutes:
- The make the salad dressing ahead: Combine all of the ingredients in a sealed jar and keep it in the fridge. It will stay fresh for 1 or 2 weeks.
- To prepare the eggs ahead: Cook as instructed and store the unpeeled soft boiled eggs in a sealed container in the fridge. They’ll stay fresh for up to 2 days.
This salad would pair well on the side of a low-carb main for dinner or with a bowl of soup for a more filling meal:
More salad recipes
Freshen things up with more of my entree salad recipes:
If you try making your own Keto Smoked Salmon Avocado Salad, let me know what you think. Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture tag me on Instagram or use #lenaskitchenblog to be featured in my stories! I love seeing what you come up with!
Keto Smoked Salmon Avocado Salad
Smoked Salmon Salad
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Afterward, lower the heat to a simmer. Use a slotted spoon to carefully and slowly add the eggs one by one into the water.
- Turn the heat up to medium-low and simmer the eggs for about 6 ½ minutes. You should see small bubbles coming from the eggshell. After about 3 minutes, use a spoon to gently push and move the eggs around in the water so that the yolks will remain in the center. Place the eggs in a bowl and run cold water over top to cool off completely. Peel once they are cool to touch.
Lemon Dill Dressing:
- Finely chop the dill, add it to a small mason jar along with the rest of the ingredients. Shake well and set aside.
- Divide the greens between two serving bowls, drizzle with the dressing, then toss. Add smoked salmon, sliced avocado, and tomatoes. Sprinkle avocado with salt and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Peel and cut the eggs in half and add them to the bowls. Season eggs with salt. Sprinkle with fresh dill. Sprinkle everything with everything but the bagel seasoning. Serve with lemon wedges on the side. Enjoy the salad right away.