I love anything pickled. And one of my favorite condiments to pickle are cucumbers, radishes, daikon and carrots and so much more. So I just love this Mexican version with spicy jalapeños and cilantro. These pickled vegetables are so addictive I found myself snacking on them straight from the jar and I am almost finished with the entire batch in a week. You can add these to your breakfast, lunch and dinner. You will love them. I hope you try these yourself and let me know what you think.
- 2 bundles radishes thinly sliced
- 3 carrots thinly sliced into rounds or matchsticks
- 1 red onion thinly sliced (cut into half and then thin slices)
- 2 cloves garlic cloves or more if you like
- 1 jalapeño thinly sliced (or your favorite spicy pepper)
- ¼ bunch cilantro minced
- Wash the radishes and carrots and cut into matchstick sizes, or round sizes (about thickness of a quarter). Cut your red onion in half and then into thin slices.
- In a small saucepan, heat the two vinegars, water, salt and sugar until it starts to simmer and the salt and sugar has dissolved.
- Place your veggies and jalapeño in a bowl and mix in the cilantro and then distribute them equally into the mason jars. Pour the vinegar mixture over the veggies.
- Store jars in the refrigerator and enjoy.