These 4-ingredient Quick Pickled Radishes are ready to enjoy after just 15 minutes! They’re delicious on everything, from burgers to pulled pork to chicken tacos.Jump to Recipe
Easy pickled radishes for chicken tacos
Picking a family-friendly meal that’s fresh, tasty, and easy to prepare night after night isn’t an easy task! I knew I found the goldmine when I stumbled upon Safeway’s Chicken Street Taco Kit. This simple and delicious meal kit was loved by the whole family and the perfect partner to my Quick Pickled Radishes!
This easy family meal is packaged fresh in-store and has everything you need to prepare a delightful taco Tuesday, like cooked chicken breast, limes, corn tortillas, shredded cabbage, shredded Mexican cheese, salsa, and chipotle crema. The best part is the chicken is already cooked so all you have to do is just heat it up and enjoy!
I’m completely obsessed with the crunch and tang Pickled Red Onions and Pickled Veggies add to my meals and these easy pickled radishes are no different. All you need are 4 simple ingredients, 5 minutes of hands-on time, and a jar. They maintain their crisp crunch while being loaded with tang from the simple pickling brine.
Next time you visit Safeway, grab one of their many meal kits (I’m a big fan of their Ready Meal Gyro Kit as well!), quickly pickle your radishes, and enjoy a dinner that’s full of freshness and flavor!
Pickled radishes ingredients
- Radishes – Slice your red radishes very thin using a mandolin or sharp knife. Alternatively, quarter the radishes for larger portions or slice them into matchsticks.
- Water – Hot water is the base of the pickling brine and is always combined with vinegar.
- Rice vinegar – This is my favorite vinegar to use when pickling radishes because it’s bright, tangy, and light. You can replace it with 1 ½ tablespoons of white vinegar for a stronger flavor or use another vinegar (see below for more information).
- Kosher salt – Sea salt or table salt works too!
How to quickly pickle radishes
This is an easy recipe anyone can master. Pickling radishes only requires 5 minutes of hands-on time. Afterward, sit back and relax as you wait for them to pickle!
They’re ready to eat after just 15 minutes:
- Slice the radishes.
Use a mandolin or sharp knife to carefully slice the radishes very thinly.
- Make the brine.
Add your hot water, rice vinegar, and salt to a small jar. Stir to combine.
- Pickle the radishes.
Add the sliced radishes to the brine and let them sit for at least 15 to 30 minutes. When the water has cooled, top the jar with a lid and store in your fridge.
- Use the radishes!
This is the best part! Use your radishes as a tangy topping on any savory meal or snack you love. They’re particularly delicious on Safeway’s Chicken Street Taco meal kit.
How to make chicken street tacos with pickled radishes
Family dinners don’t get much easier than this. The Chicken Street Taco meal kit from Safeway is extra delicious when topped with your freshly pickled radishes, plus there’s enough for the whole family!
All you have to do is heat the chicken and dig in:
- Heat the chicken.
Add the chicken from the kit to a bowl with just a splash of water. Cover with a paper towel and heat in the microwave for 1.5 – 2 minutes.
2. Heat the tortillas.
Place the tortillas on a paper towel and warm in the microwave for 30 seconds.
3. Assemble the tacos.
Add shredded cabbage, cheese, chicken, and your desired taco fillings to the tortillas. Top them with cilantro, a few pickled radishes, and a splash of chipotle crema. Serve with a side of guacamole, salsa, and chips, then enjoy!
You can make this recipe your own by adding a few things for extra flavor, like:
- A pinch of red chili flakes
- Fresh dill
- Garlic cloves
- More vegetables, like daikon, sliced cabbage, red onions, or carrots
- Black peppercorns
- Fennel seeds
- Jalapeno slices
Frequently asked questions
Store your pickled radishes in a jar with a lid. They’ll stay fresh for several weeks in the fridge.
Pickled radishes are best used as a garnish or topping on savory meals and snacks. They’d be a delicious addition to a bagel and lox brunch board, breakfast sandwiches, mashed potato waffles, avocado toast, tacos, gyros, burgers, grain bowls, pulled pork, breakfast burritos, and so much more.
You can use any one or a combination of vinegar to pickle vegetables. Use this guide for more information:
Rice Vinegar is my favorite vinegar to use because of its mild flavor.
Champagne Vinegar will add a touch of natural sweetness to the radishes.
White Wine Vinegar will also add a touch of sweetness.
Apple Cider Vinegar will add a little more funky flavor to the radishes.
White Vinegar will give you the strongest flavor, I would use less vinegar to water ratio.
Almost anything! Use the brine in this recipe to pickle thinly sliced cucumbers, carrots, jalapenos, cabbage, daikon, onions, turnips, and so much more.
Add your pickled radishes to these recipes and more
- Smoked Salmon Street Tacos
- Low Carb Mediterranean Burger Salad
- Asian Pork Meatballs
- Chipotle Chicken Tortilla Soup
Did you try these Quick Pickled Radishes? Let me know what you think by leaving a comment below and giving this recipe a rating! Don’t forget to take a picture tag me on Instagram or use #lenaskitchenblog to be featured in my stories! I love seeing what you come up with!
Quick Pickled Radishes for Tacos
- Thinly slice radishes using a sharp knife or a mandolin.
- Add hot water, rice vinegar and salt to a small jar, mix to combine. Add sliced radishes.
- Let the radishes stand for at least 15-30 minutes to quick pickle or until the water has cooled off.
- Enjoy these on tacos, breakfast, salad or sandwiches.
- In the microwave, add chicken in a bowl with a splash of water, cover with a paper towel and heat for 1 ½-2 minutes. Then add the tortillas in a paper towel and heat for 30 seconds in the microwave. You can also heat the chicken up on a pan with a splash or water. Toast the tortillas on the stovetop too.
- To assemble the tacos, add shredded cabbage, cheese, chicken, then add your desired toppings and a splash of chipotle crema. Serve with a side of guacamole and chips along with the salsa.