Today I’m sharing one of my family’s favorite soups, Easy Lasagna Soup. Best thing about this soup is it’s made all in one pot. Everyone in my family loves it. This is the best easy lasagna soup and I can’t wait to make it all winter long. I hope your family loves it as much as we do.Jump to Recipe
October is pretty much over! How did that happen? There’s a chill in the air, the leaves are starting to change colors. Soup is definitely on the menu multiple times a week in our home. I absolutely love this time of year and I love soup.
The weather is still perfect enough for taking walks and then heading home to make this cozy easy lasagna soup. It only takes about 30 minutes to put together, in ONE POT! Easy clean-up is a plus too. Fred Meyer gifted me this beautiful wood Dash of That branded box that contains a REALLY amazing assortment of Dash of That products. It was the gift that kept on giving, felt like Christmas came early in my kitchen. As I opened the box, I discovered this gorgeous 6qt dutch oven in bright red color, my favorite color in my kitchen.
Gorgeously made olive wood cooking spoons, perfect for stirring this soup. Beautiful olive wood salt and pepper grinder, colander, cutting board and so much more were inside this magic box. This might be a chefs perfect gift for the holidays if I may say so myself.These are some of my favorite brands to get at Fred Meyer for this recipe.
One pot meals are a favorite around here and this beautiful red dutch oven was the perfect candidate to test run for my soup. The convenience of slowly adding ingredients to a big ole pot is where my heart is at.
While I still make my lasagna on everyones birthday (I should have called that one birthday lasagna), I wanted to make it into something creamy that’s both comforting and easy to prepare. Making it into this easy lasagna soup allows you to make a perfect bowl of hearty soup without the mess and a lot of time.
Serving this soup hot, topped with a big scoop of ricotta cheese, mozzarella and parmesan cheese and fresh basil is the way to go. You can always add more cheese. Who are we kidding? More cheese is always a good idea. Now start slurping and shoveling this goodness into your mouth before it cools off, then repeat.
EASY LASAGNA SOUP
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cups chicken broth more if you want a thinner soup
- 24 oz Tomato + Basil Pasta Sauce
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp sea salt or more to taste
- 12 lasagna noodles uncooked and broken into 1-2" pieces
- ½ cup heavy cream optional
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 6 tbsp fresh basil finely chopped
- 2 tsbp parsley finely chopped
- Heat large Dutch oven/large soup pot over medium high heat. Add olive oil and onion, cook, stirring occasionally until onion is translucent. Add in the beef and cook until browned. Add garlic, red pepper flakes and spices and sauté for 30 seconds. Drain off any excess fat.
- Add tomato sauce, chicken broth, whole can of crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, bay leaf and broken up lasagna noodles. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer until lasagna noodles are tender, stirring occasionally (approximately 20-30 minutes).
- Discard bay leaf and stir in heavy cream (optional). Add in any extra chicken broth to reach desired consistency. Garnish individual servings with desired amount of cheeses and fresh herbs.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you give these EASY LASAGNA SOUP a try? Let me know what you think. Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture and share it on my Facebook page or tag it #lenaskitchenblog on Instagram! I love seeing what you come up with!
Thank you for supporting the brands that I enjoy working with. This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Fred Meyer. The opinions and text are all mine.