Quick, easy, and Creamy Cauliflower Gnocchi With Mushrooms is ready to eat in less than 20 minutes. This recipe uses premade cauliflower gnocchi to cut down on the cooking time as well as the carbs. In no time, you end up with a flavorful and luxurious dinner!
Hello, easy and delicious dinner idea!
Try my Creamy Cauliflower Gnocchi With Mushrooms the next time you’re craving a luscious and satisfying dinner that doesn’t take forever to make. Using soft and low carb cauliflower gnocchi from Trader Joe’s cuts down the time on this dish. In just 20 minutes, you’ll end up with a creamy, hot, and flavorful dinner.
Pan-frying the gnocchi develops a crunchy golden crust around each dumpling. With a crunchy outside and pillowy inside, every bite tastes heavenly. To finish, this low carb pasta alternative is surrounded by an alfredo-like sauce and meaty mushrooms to liven up the flavor.
For extra fun, serve this versatile dish any way you like. Include more veggies, add some prosciutto on top, or switch up the sauce! The options are endless.
What is cauliflower gnocchi?
Gnocchi is a variety of pasta made from mashed potatoes, flour, and eggs. The dough is rolled out into a long, thin strip and then cut into small pieces about the size of your thumb. The little dumplings are then boiled or pan-fried and served in a cream or red sauce.
Cauliflower gnocchi on the other hand is similar to the traditional version but is made with cooked cauliflower instead of potatoes. The ingredients in the frozen Trader Joe’s cauliflower gnocchi are low-carb, gluten-free, paleo, and Whole30 compliant. It’s also super affordable at $2.69 per bag!
Ingredients you need
No need to stress or make your own homemade pasta for this recipe. Head to your local Trader Joe’s or another grocery store and let’s get started.
These are the ingredients you’ll need:
- Trader Joe’s cauliflower gnocchi
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Half and half
- Parmesan cheese
Where to buy cauliflower gnocchi
You can find premade frozen cauliflower gnocchi at Trader Joe’s. It’s my preferred brand. If you don’t have a Trader Joe’s in your neighborhood, you can also find it at Whole Foods or at most major grocery stores in the freezer section.
How to make Creamy Cauliflower Gnocchi With Mushrooms
Pan-frying gnocchi creates a little crunch while still infusing fat and flavor into each bite. This easy and creamy recipe only takes a few steps and is ready to be enjoyed in under 20 minutes.
Here’s how to make it:
- Cook the mushrooms: Heat a pan over medium-high heat and add in the butter and mushrooms. Cook for a few minutes before adding the salt and garlic. Once the mushrooms are soft and the garlic is fragrant, deglaze the pan with soy sauce, turn off the heat, and transfer the mushrooms to a bowl.
- Cook the gnocchi: Add the oil and butter into the same pan and heat over medium heat. Add in the cauliflower gnocchi and cook on one side for around 7 minutes. Flip and cook the other side for another 7 minutes or until there’s a nice crust on both sides. Season with salt, then transfer the gnocchi to a plate.
- Mix everything together: Add more butter, the half and half, parmesan cheese, salt, and the cooked mushrooms into the pan. Mix it all together. Let the sauce reduce for 1 minute, then add the gnocchi back into the pan.
- Serve and enjoy: Add the rest of the parmesan into the pan. Serve the gnocchi hot and with chives on top.
What goes well with cauliflower gnocchi?
Gnocchi can be quite filling, which is why it’s so good dressed in a sauce and served on its own. Dress it in pesto, romesco sauce, your favorite pasta sauce, or butternut squash puree. You can add more vegetables if you wish, like broccolini, garlic, brussel sprouts, or sautéed greens.
For a touch of flavor, serve it with freshly grated parmesan, chives, basil, crispy sage, or prosciutto on top.
Did you end up with leftovers? Throw the gnocchi into my Keto Zuppa Toscana Soup for a little more texture in each bite.
- Can’t find cauliflower gnocchi? This recipe will still work with potato-based gnocchi instead.
- Add more than 1 type of mushroom for a variety of flavors. Crimini, shiitake, oyster, or portobello would all be delicious.
- Don’t have half and half at home? Swap it with a storebought alfredo sauce or use whole milk instead.
- Add in fresh greens like spinach or kale to boost the nutrition value.
Keep the cooked gnocchi and creamy mushrooms in an airtight container in the fridge. They should stay fresh for at least 3 or 4 days.
Reheat leftovers in the microwave for 1 or 2 minutes, or place them in a pan on the stovetop. Cook on medium heat until warmed through.
More pasta recipes
Try these hot and satisfying pasta recipes to warm you up on a cold day:
- Spaghetti With Garlic Herb Breadcrumbs
- One-Pot Mediterranean Chicken And Orzo
- Browned Butter And Sage Gnocchi
- Easy Lasagna Soup
If you give this recipe for Creamy Cauliflower Gnocchi With Mushrooms a try, let me know in the comments below. I love seeing your pictures too, so please tag me on Instagram @lenaskitchenblog and use #lenaskitchenblog so I can share them to my page!
Creamy Cauliflower Gnocchi With Mushrooms
- 12 oz mushrooms cut in half
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 3 tsp light soy sauce
- Heat pan to medium-high heat. Add 4 tablespoons of butter and halved mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes. Add salt and cook for 1 more minute. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Add soy sauce and deglaze the pan. Turn off heat and remove from pan.
- In the same pan as the mushrooms were cooked, add olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter. Add in frozen cauliflower gnocchi. Cook on medium heat for 5 mins, don’t touch them. Gently flip and cook for another 5 mins. You want them to develop a nice crust on both sides. Season with salt. Remove gnocchi to a plate.
- Add 2 tablespoon butter, half and half, Parmesan cheese, ½ teaspoon sea salt, and cooked mushrooms back in the pan. Scrape all the bits that were stuck in the pan, that’s flavor. Let the sauce reduce for a minute and add the gnocchi back in and cook for one more minute.
- Add the rest of the Parmesan and chives. Serve hot.