Need a quick and special dinner idea for mom this Mother’s Day? I’ve got you covered with this delicious Browned Butter and Sage Gnocchi. Takes 10 minutes to prepare and easy enough your husband and kids can make it themselves. Only a few short ingredients to get the dinner your mom deserves on the table in no time.
Easy meals have been my go to lately with so much going on in life. Plus I wanted something easy to have on hand for a quick weeknight meal or a special occasion like Mother’s Day.
This recipe is so easy to make and the gnocchi come out so delicate and delicious. Simple ingredients like butter and sage with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese add a great flavor and this meal is done in no time.
Did I mention that you don’t have to make the gnocchi? Yep. No need to make them from scratch for this recipe. I mean you can if you have the time. But I don’t and know that my husband is not going to make them either. I keep a few packages of these Private Selection Gnocchi from my local Fred Meyer in my pantry and love the taste of them. Also, love having a few herb plants growing in pots so I can skip some fresh herbs for pastas and sauces or topping any dishes. Plus I feel like you waste less that way too.
All you will need for this recipe is some fresh sage, butter (I prefer non salted), gnocchi, freshly shredded parmesan cheese, water and salt. That’s it.
This recipe was originally posted back in 2016 and I made some last night for dinner, took some lovely photos, so I thought I would update them a bit for you. I hope you enjoy this dish and give this yummy recipe a try. Let your hubby know you want him to make this for you.
Serve it with a side salad or add any protein to it. My delicious and juicy chicken breast recipe would go so well with this dish. Check it out.
Happy Mothers Day to all the amazing mamas out there. You deserve to be celebrated every day, today is your day so take it and let the kids and your hubby take care of you!
BROWNED BUTTER AND SAGE GNOCCHIDinner, Main Course, Side Dish
- 1 package gnocchi (you can find this in the pasta isle or make it fresh)
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- handful of sage leaves
- freshly grated parmesan
- salt, to taste, for cooking gnocchi water
- Add 3 cups of water to the pan, bring to a boil and cook according to the package, mine was 3 minutes.
- Drain gnocchi and place in a bowl.
- In the same pan, add the butter heat on medium heat, cook for a few minutes, add sage leaves and cook until they get crispy, one to two minutes, take them out of the butter and let the butter get browned, watch it so it doesn't burn.
- Add in the gnocchi back in the pan and sauté for a minute or so, use a spoon and put the butter on the gnocchi.
- Remove the gnocchi from the pan along with butter and dish up in bowls. Add the crispy sage and grate some parmesan on top. Enjoy.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you give my BROWNED BUTTER AND SAGE GNOCCHI a try? Let me know what you think and what did you serve it with? Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture, tag it with #lenaskitchenblog on Instagram or tag me on my Facebook page! I love seeing what you come up with! happy cooking.