Make this easy 5 Minute Arugula Basil Pesto recipe to add to any of your favorite dishes. Add it to your pasta, sandwiches, breakfast things, fish, meat, or veggies.
Isn’t this green color so pretty? I can just eat the arugula basil pesto right out of the jar, it’s that good. Perfect for when you have an abundance of fresh basil in the garden. Pick up some arugula, parmesan cheese, lemon at the market and you’re halfway to having this perfect sauce in your hands.
Make a double batch, because you will be adding it to everything.
- Here are some ways you can use your arugula basil pesto :
- Dress up your sandwiches.
- Drizzle on top of salmon skewers or grilled piece or salmon.
- Toss it in with any pasta or add it in to my penne pasta.
- Top it on top of my everyday baked chicken breast, or shred the chicken, add some mayo and pesto and make a chicken salad.
- Top this pizza and then add cheese and your favorite toppings.
- Add a spoonful to my homemade ranch.
- Add a spoonful to my homemade mayo to add flavor to your sandwiches.
You get the idea. Possibilities are endless.
One of my favorite olive oils is the Lucini Extra Virgin Olive Oil, it’s so fresh and clean. The flavors are unbelievable.
If you haven’t tried it yet, I highly recommend it. Grab a bottle or two in my Amazon Store among other goodies for the kitchen.
I love the peppery flavor that arugula adds to this pesto. Since I discovered that I have an allergy to black pepper after the birth of my daughter, I stay away from pepper like the plague. So instead I add arugula to a lot of things to add that kick
Wonder how this tasty sauce came about? One day, I was making pesto and realized I didn’t have enough to make a batch. I scavenged the fridge and found half a bag of arugula and it made this bright, peppery and delicious pesto.
Here is the food processor I have and LOVE. It’s one of those tools that I use quite a bit. Mine is the 11 cup.
Are you a fan of adding nuts to your pesto? I’m not actually so this is nut-free and I bet if you wanted to, you can remove the parmesan cheese and make this vegan and Whole30 approved for sure. I don’t add a ton of cheese to mine because I want the freshness of the basil and arugula to shine.
How long will this last in the fridge or can you can freeze it?
- Make arugula basil pesto up to three days ahead of time. Add it into a container and cover it with a thin layer of olive oil. This helps with browning and preserves the bright green color.
- Freezing your arugula basil pesto is totally fine! Add to a mason jar, cover with a thin layer of olive oil. It will keep in the freezer for up to three months.
What would you add your batch of arugula basil pesto to? Let me know in comments below. Can’t wait to read your ideas.
5 MINUTE ARUGULA BASIL PESTO
- 7 oz baby arugula
- 4 oz fresh basil stems removed
- 1 large lemon juiced
- 2 large garlic cloves
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- Add arugula, basil, oil, parmesan, lemon juice, garlic and salt in a food processor until fully processed. Might need to scrape down the sides to ensure everything is well combined.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator covered with a thin layer of olive oil for up to three days, or in the freezer for up to three months in a mason jar.