This Grilled Peaches and Ice Cream Recipe is the absolute best summer dessert. Made with only 4 ingredients, every bite is refreshing, juicy, and full of flavor.Jump to Recipe
Easy grilled peaches dessert
I’m a huge fan of mixing fresh fruit into my summer dessert recipes. The layers of sweet and juicy flavors each fruit or berry adds are so luscious and irresistible. I can never make enough of these Strawberry Scones and Apple Fritters when the hot weather arrives!
This Grilled Peaches and Ice Cream Recipe is one of my absolute favorites. Warm and freshly grilled peaches are cooled down when they’re topped with vanilla ice cream and fresh mint. It’s one of the best summer desserts you can enjoy after dinner, at summer parties, or when the barbecue’s over!
Grilling fruit brings out rich flavors and a natural sweetness that’s unmatched by any other cooking method. The vanilla complements every bite perfectly while the mint leaves add brightness. Top this sweet summery dessert with nuts, caramel, or anything else you like to make it your own!
Grilled peaches recipe ingredients
- Peaches – The best peaches for grilling are ripe freestone peaches that feel firm when squeezed. If they’re too soft, the extra sugar will burn and make the peaches too tender. Too hard or underripe and the peaches won’t be soft and juicy. This recipe also works with grilled nectarines, plums, mango, and other stone fruits so feel free to mix things up!
- Unsalted butter – Melted butter brushed on the peaches keeps them from sticking to the grill while making them extra moist and delicious.
- Mint – The fresh leaves are a must!
- Vanilla ice cream – Scoops of creamy, cool ice cream with warm grilled peaches is pure heaven. To keep this recipe dairy free, use your favorite coconut, almond, or dairy free vanilla ice cream instead.
How to make grilled peaches and ice cream
- Prepare the peaches: Cut the peaches into quarters or halves and discard the pits. Brush them with melted butter.
- Grill: Grill the peaches for a few minutes on all sides until you see grill marks.
- Serve with ice cream: To serve, top a warm peach half with a scoop of ice cream and fresh mint. You can also serve the grilled peaches in a bowl with 1 or 2 scoops of ice cream and all of the toppings you love.
Grilled peaches and ice cream are delicious on their own, but did you know that there are plenty of toppings you can add to spruce up each bite? Use these toppings to serve the best grilled peaches dessert:
- Caramel sauce
- Chopped toasted nuts
- Shaved chocolate
- Crumbled shortbread cookies
- Maple syrup
- Slivered almonds
- Brown sugar
- Shredded coconut
More uses for grilled peaches
Grilled peaches aren’t just delicious for dessert! Use the peaches to bring a nice sweetness to all of your meals, no matter the time of day:
- For breakfast – Serve the peaches on overnight oats, oatmeal, cereal, pancakes, waffles, french toast, chia pudding, or in crepes.
- On salad – With burrata, mascarpone, goat cheese, fried halloumi, basil, spinach, balsamic, arugula, or chicken.
- With meat – Serve grilled peaches on the side of pork chops, with skirt steak, on a grilled chicken pizza, wrapped in bacon or Proscuitto, or cut into a fresh salsa with corn to top on steak.
- In dessert – Like a grilled fruit kabob (with strawberries, mangos, and pineapple), in a galette, or pie.
Looking for more sweet summer desserts?
- Homemade Strawberry Pop Tarts
- Roasted Apricots with Honey Cheese Spread
- Blood Orange Panna Cotta
- Chocolate Almond Butter Cups
Did you try this Grilled Peaches and Ice Cream Recipe? Let me know what you think in the comments below, or share a picture on Instagram! I love to share all of your recreations on my page.
Grilled Peaches and Ice Cream Recipe
- 4 peaches halved and pitted
- 1 ½ tbsp unsalted butter melted, for brushing
- 2 tbsp fresh mint finely chopped
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream optional
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Make sure it’s clean before you use it. Or heat a griddle pan to medium-high heat.
- Cut the peaches into quarters or halves and remove the pit.
- Brush the butter over the cut sides of the peaches.
- Grill for 3-4 minutes. You can rotate them halfway to get more grill marks.
- Serve peaches warm with ice cream and chopped mint, I like to only add ice cream to half the peaches. Or keep it dairy-free and drizzle some honey and a sprinkle of chopped mint. You can also add some chopped toasted nuts for a crunch.