I love margaritas, and I feel like you don’t need a special occasion to enjoy one, but sometimes you just want to get jiggy with it and create something fun. That’s what happened in the kitchen this morning while I was making this recipe. I picked up a beautiful pineapple at the store the other day, and it was sitting on the counter waiting to ripen for me to use it. The aroma that comes out when you cut into a pineapple is sensational, sweet aromatic and tropical. So lets start this party off with this tasty cocktail.
This margarita is lighter in flavor if you add a bit of sparkling water. So if you are having a larger crowd you are making this for, I would recommend having some sparkling water for your guests. Because this can also be doubled as a non alcoholic version, by omitting the tequila but leaving the simple syrup mixed with the sparkling water.
CILANTRO PINEAPPLE MARGARITA
Orange Simple Syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups fresh orange juice
- 3 pineapple rounds, 1/2 inch each (cut off edges and center, chop into large pieces)
- 1 1/2 cups white or silver tequila, or more to taste
- 1/2 - 1 cup orange simple syrup, to taste
- salt or sugar for rimming
- orange and lime slices, to garnish
- pineapple chunks, for garnish
- sparkling water, for topping off the drink, optional
- crushed ice
Orange Simple Syrup
- In small saucepan, combine water & sugar.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 3-5 minutes (stirring constantly).
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Add in orange juice & stir well.
- Transfer to sterilized bottle.
- Refrigerate - keeps indefinitely, if it will last that long.
- In a large container (that can be used for muddling) add pineapple chunks, cilantro, a few slices of oranges and limes and muddle together until pineapple is smashed and combined.
- In a separate container add in the tequila and simple syrup, mix well.
- Into each glass add the ice, a few tablespoons of the muddled pineapple, cilantro and citrus. Top off with the tequila mix and top off with a bit of sparkling water, optional.
Enjoy and Bon Appetité!
Leave a Reply