This light and refreshing recipe for Grapefruit Vodka Tonic Cocktails has arrived just in time for the warm weather. Using only three ingredients, serve this cocktail at your next party, for a quiet night at home, or to enjoy on a hot summer day.Jump to Recipe
It’s Finally Time For Summer Bevvies!
Now that the warm weather has begun to arrive, I’m starting to enjoy getting outside, tending to my garden, and firing up the grill. The sunshine also calls for yummy cocktails! I noticed a bottle of Heritage Ruby Red Grapefruit Vodka on my bar cart recently, and the idea for Grapefruit Vodka Tonic’s clicked in my mind.
It didn’t take long to perfect this recipe. All you need are three ingredients and some sunshine to enjoy these light and tasty cocktails. The bubbles from the tonic water make them feel like a healthy, adult soda.
Grapefruit Vodka Tonic Ingredients
I loved putting this recipe together because it was so easy and accessible. None of these three ingredients are hard to source, especially with summer around the corner. This is all you need to create your new favorite cocktail:
- Heritage Ruby Red Grapefruit Vodka
- Tonic water
- Lime wedges
TIP: If you don’t have access to grapefruit vodka, substitute with plain vodka and 2 oz of ruby red grapefruit juice. Split 1 oz in each glass.
How To Make Grapefruit Vodka Tonic’s
This super easy recipe takes only 5 minutes to whip together. Add 1/2 cup of ice cubes to 2 highball or stemless wine glasses. Pour 2 oz of grapefruit vodka in each, squeeze some lime juice over top, and finish with a splash of tonic water. Stir and enjoy it!
I love to serve this fresh cocktail with a lime wedge, but a thin slice of grapefruit or edible flowers would be lovely as well.
Available Variations For This Recipe
Make this recipe your own. There may not be many ingredients, but the variations list is long. Here’s what I would recommend if you’re going to shake things up:
- Make It A Martini: Add 1 oz of grapefruit vodka, ice, 1 oz of triple sec, and a tablespoon of white sugar to a cocktail shaker. Shake it up and strain into a chilled martini glass, and finish with a squeeze of lime.
- Switch The Liquor: No vodka, no problem! Gin will work just as well in this recipe. Similar to vodka, gin has a clean taste, making it perfect for infusing fruity flavors.
- Do I Have To Use Tonic Water? No way! Add sweetness by switching up the tonic water for soda, like Sprite or 7Up. Club soda or seltzer will also work, plus they contain fewer calories than tonic water.
- Add Florals: Add a splash of rosewater or finish your cocktail off with edible flowers like cherry blossoms.
- Make It A Mocktail: That’s right, you don’t need alcohol for this cocktail recipe. Remove the vodka entirely for a refreshing and spruced up beverage.
More Delicious Cocktail Recipes
Impress your party guests with more yummy and flavorful cocktail creations:
- Citrus Rosemary Spritz With Manchego Slices
- Pomegranate Tangerine Bellini
- Cranberry Fizz Cocktail
- Blackberry Mint Cocktail
- Fizzy Pear Cocktail
- 5 Easy Prosecco Holiday Cocktails
Did you try these GRAPEFRUIT VODKA TONIC COCKTAILS? Let me know what you think by leaving a rating and comment below. Don’t forget to take a picture and tag me on Instagram or use the hashtag #lenaskitchenblog! I would love to share your recreation with my followers.
Grapefruit Vodka Tonic Cocktail
- 4 oz Heritage Distilling Ruby Red Grapefruit Vodka
- ½ lime, juiced, plus wedges for serving
- 6.8 oz sugar-free tonic water
- 1 cup ice, ½ cup in each glass
- Add 1/2 cup of ice to two glasses, and pour 2 oz of vodka in each. Squeeze the juice of a ¼ lime in each glass, and top with tonic water. Stir and enjoy.
- TIP: If you don't have access to grapefruit vodka, substitute with plain vodka and 2 oz of ruby red grapefruit juice. Split 1 oz in each glass.