One bite and you’ll be completely obsessed with this Whipped Feta Lemon Dip with Roasted Tomatoes! Lemony whipped feta is topped with roasted tomatoes and garlic to create a heavenly dip that will be the talk of any party.Jump to Recipe
Lemon whipped feta dip recipe
Have you ever had the chance to dip crackers into a bowl of heaven? Well, this Whipped Feta Lemon Dip with Roasted Tomatoes is pretty close. Impossibly creamy, zesty whipped feta topped with heavenly roasted cherry tomatoes and garlic? Yes, please.
This is the dip for you if you want to:
- Get friends and family together
- Indulge in a delicious snack on movie night
- Impress new friends and guests
Just like my Whipped Miso Cream Cheese Dip, this sensational tomato feta dip begins by whipping feta cheese until it’s light, airy, and fluffy. From there, roasted tomatoes and garlic are placed on top to add a pop of red to every bite, not to mention the irresistible aromas and Italian flavors. You and your guests won’t be able to get enough of this Mediterranean appetizer!
- Feta cheese – Use a block of feta cheese stored in brine. Crumbled feta is too salty and dry, and it doesn’t whip as nicely as the creamy and mild alternative.
- Greek yogurt – Most whipped feta dip recipes are made with sour cream or cream cheese to help smooth out the dip. Greek yogurt is a lighter option that will still maintain the tangy flavors of the classic. The probiotics and protein are an added bonus!
- Lemon – You need the fresh lemon zest and the lemon juice to help brighten every bite.
- Oil – Extra virgin olive oil is best.
- Roasted cherry tomatoes – Cherry tomatoes are roasted along with garlic, oil, salt, and oregano. You won’t be able to resist dipping your crackers and bread into this creamy dip once you add the irresistible ruby red and Italian-flavored topping!
How to make whipped feta lemon dip
- Roast the tomatoes: Add the tomatoes and garlic to a baking dish and toss in the oil and salt. Bake in the oven until they’re very fragrant and the tomatoes have burst. Let them cool while you prepare the lemon feta dip.
- Make the whipped feta dip: Add the feta, yogurt, lemon zest and juice, and oil to a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Assemble and serve: Transfer the whipped feta to a serving bowl. Top with roasted tomatoes and garlic, as well as any leftover oil in the baking dish. Serve with crackers and pita, then enjoy!
The classic way to serve whipped feta is as a dip with crudité, but did you know it can be used in all sorts of meals and appetizers? These are my favorite ways to use it:
- As a dip: Serve the dip in a bowl surrounded by pita bread, naan, cut vegetables, pita chips, and crackers.
- As a spread: Spread some dip on crostini appetizers or on toast with roasted tomatoes.
- On vegetables and salad: Add a few dollops on top or on the side of roasted cauliflower or use it as a creamy dressing or garnish on this Greek steak salad.
- With meat: This Mediterranean dip would be perfect on the side of Greek chicken kabobs.
Feel free to play with the toppings, too. Keep this dip on theme with its Mediterranean roots by leaving the juicy roasted tomatoes on top or switch it up and place kalamata olives, fresh herbs, red pepper flakes, chili oil, or chopped nuts on top instead.
Store: The leftover dip can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
Freeze: I don’t recommend freezing whipped feta dip because the texture won’t be as smooth and creamy once thawed.
Make ahead: Roast the tomatoes and garlic, and whip the feta dip ingredients together ahead of time. Keep them in separate containers in the fridge until you’re ready to assemble and serve.
More dip recipes to try
- Creamy Smoked Whitefish Dip
- Pretzels with Beer Cheese Dip
- Easy Miso Cream Cheese Dip
- White Bean and Artichoke Dip
Did you try this Whipped Feta Lemon Dip with Roasted Tomatoes? Let me know what you think in the comments below, or share a picture on Instagram! I love to share all of your recreations on my page.
Whipped Feta Lemon Dip with Roasted Tomatoes
Whipped feta dip
- 8 oz feta cheese use a block, not crumbles
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt full fat
- 1 lemon zested
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Roasted tomatoes and garlic
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add the tomatoes and garlic to a baking dish. Add olive oil and season with salt.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until tomatoes have burst.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
Whipped feta dip
- Add feta, yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil to a food processor.
- Blend until smooth, scrape down the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula and whip a little more until you get a super smooth consistency.
- Add to a serving bowl, top with roasted tomatoes and garlic with a few spoonfuls of olive oil that is roasted with the tomatoes. Or keep it simple with extra olive oil and some fresh herbs on top.
Freeze: Don’t freeze this dip.
Make-Ahead: Roast tomatoes and garlic ahead of time and make dip ahead of time. Once you are ready to serve, bring tomatoes to room temp and add to the feta dip.