Air Fryer Cheesy Ranch Potatoes are the best way to jazz up your average roasted potatoes. Crispy, creamy, and easy to make, they’re the best side dish to pair with dinner or on game day!Jump to Recipe
Roasted ranch potatoes in the air fryer
You can’t go wrong with potatoes; they’re the perfect vegetable! Whether you roast them for breakfast, slice them hasselback-style, mash them up, or make them extra crispy in the air fryer, you know the meal is going to be great when potatoes are involved.
We already know that crispy roasted potatoes are delicious, but to make them even better, we have to have the right seasonings. That’s where these Air Fryer Cheesy Ranch Potatoes come in! Seasoned with ranch dip seasoning and parmesan cheese, this simple side dish is loaded with creamy and savory flavors that everyone is sure to love.
This easy side dish cooks for just 20 minutes in the air fryer and is finished with melted parmesan cheese and fresh parsley on top. As a result, you have a family-friendly side dish for dinner or a snack that’s perfect for dipping in ranch dressing!
- Baby potatoes – I prefer to use baby potatoes because they cook quickly, are perfect for serving a crowd, and are already bite-sized. However, Yukon Gold and Russet potatoes also work.
- Dry ranch dip seasoning – Like Simply Organic or Hidden Valley Ranch. These packets are usually easy to find at most major grocery stores but if you can’t find them, homemade ranch seasoning is easy to make with simple seasonings and buttermilk powder.
- Olive oil – A little oil gives the roasted potatoes a delectable crunch thanks to the air fryer!
- Parmesan cheese – Grate it yourself for the best flavors.
- Parsley – Dried or fresh will do.
How to make cheesy ranch potatoes in the air fryer
Just like any other roasted potatoes recipe, these air fryer ranch potatoes are really easy to put together. They’re quickly coated in the ranch seasoning before being cooked to crispy, golden brown perfection. This is how it’s done:
- Coat and season the potatoes.
Place the sliced potatoes, oil, and ranch dip seasoning in a bowl. Toss until the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Roast the potatoes in the air fryer.
After that, transfer the ranch potatoes to the air fryer basket and cook for 20 minutes. Shake the basket every 5 minutes to ensure the potatoes become crispy on all sides.
- Add the cheese.
Sprinkle the grated parmesan over the potatoes in the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Season and serve.
To finish, serve the ranch potatoes with parsley on top and enjoy!
No air fryer at home? No problem. The potatoes can easily be roasted in the oven instead:
- Slice and coat the potatoes as normal. Place them in an even layer on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Roast the ranch potatoes in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes at 400ºF.
- When they’re done, sprinkle the parmesan on top and place the potatoes back in the oven until the cheese melts.
- To finish, serve the potatoes with parsley on top and enjoy!
Tips and variations
- Use a mandolin to slice the potatoes evenly and quickly.
- You can make this recipe with thinly sliced, halved, or quartered potatoes. The cooking time will stay the same.
- Top the cheesy roasted potatoes with green onions, bacon, chives, ranch dressing, roasted garlic, or pesto for additional flavor.
- No fresh parmesan at home? Replace it with shredded mozzarella or cheddar instead.
- Did you end up with leftover ranch seasoning? Sprinkle it on baked chicken breasts, breakfast home fries, chicken wings, or smashed potatoes for layers of delectable, crowd-pleasing flavors.
Storing and reheating
To store, keep the leftover potatoes in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
To reheat, place the potatoes in the air fryer and cook for 5 minutes at 400ºF.
Craving more cheesy side dishes?
- Cheeseburger Stuffed Mini Peppers
- Mozzarella Arancini
- Creamy Parmesan Polenta
- Italian Tomato Burrata Salad
If you try these Air Fryer Cheesy Ranch Potatoes, let me know what you think! Rate and review this recipe in the comments below. Don’t forget to take a picture and tag me on Instagram @lenaskitchenblog!
Air Fryer Cheesy Ranch Potatoes
- Cut potatoes into ¼ inch rounds. Cooking times will be affected if you cut them thicker.
- In a bowl, combine the sliced potatoes, olive oil, and ranch dip seasoning, toss to coat.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F for 5 minutes while you prep.
- Cook for 20 minutes. Every 5 minutes shake the basket to mix the potatoes around.
- Add parmesan cheese, toss and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until desired crispness.
- Remove and toss with chopped green onions.
- Serve with your favorite dip or a side for any protein.