My Oven Baked Salmon with Tangy Gremolata Sauce is the ultimate weeknight meal. The herby sauce on top gives each bite of the tender and flaky fish intense flavors. You’d never know it only took 20 minutes to put together!Jump to Recipe
A healthy weeknight meal with a zesty spin, this Oven Baked Salmon with Tangy Gremolata Sauce is sure to become a part of your weekly meal rotation. All you need are simple ingredients and less than 30 minutes in the kitchen!
This easy baked salmon recipe can be enjoyed for simple and nutritious weeknight meals or for weekly lunches. With a fresh green salad and creamy cauliflower mash on the side, you’ll be feeling full and satisfied after digging into this keto and low-carb dish.
My homemade leek and olive gremolata sauce is the ultimate flavor-booster for this salmon. This tangy sauce is similar to an Italian gremolata but made with leeks, olives, and capers. Not only is its emerald green presentation divine, but it infuses bright and fresh flavors into every bite!
Ingredients you’ll need to make Oven Baked Salmon Recipe
- Salmon – Baking salmon in the oven is easy and doesn’t take much time. For the best results, look for a fillet with a bright orange-red flesh marbled with fat and a fresh smell.
- Lemon – Layering lemon slices on top of the fish infuses bright and zesty flavors as it bakes in the oven.
- Olive oil and salt – These will give the salmon added moisture and flavor.
- Tangy Leek And Olive Gremolata Sauce – My homemade gremolata sauce is easy to make and can be stored in your fridge for up to 2 weeks. It’s a fresh condiment you can layer not only on fish, but also on chicken, steak, and roasted vegetables.
How to make oven baked gremolata salmon
- Season the salmon: Pat the fillet dry before drizzling the olive oil and salt over top. Afterward, add the sliced lemons.
- Bake the salmon: Bake the salmon until it’s tender and flaky. Take it out of the oven and remove the lemons.
- Dress and serve: Transfer the salmon to a serving platter and dress it with the tangy gremolata sauce. Place the lemons on the side and serve!
What goes well with oven baked salmon?
This healthy meal would pair so well with roasted or steamed vegetables on the side, like Baked Asparagus, Glazed Carrots, and Sauteed Broccolini. Your keto and low-carb friends would be so pleased with a side of Purple Cauliflower Mash as well!
Looking for a healthy lunch idea? Instead of serving it as a main dish, slice up the salmon fillet and top it on a salad or grain bowl with the gremolata for extra protein and flavor.
More salmon recipes you’ll love
Did you try this Oven Baked Salmon with Tangy Gremolata Sauce? Let me know what you think in the comments below, or share a picture on Instagram! I love to share all of your recreations on my page.
Oven Baked Salmon with Tangy Gremolata Sauce
- 2 lb salmon fillet belly side not the tail, with skin
- ½ lemon sliced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt or more to taste
- 1 ½ cups Tangy Gremolata Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Add parchment paper to a large baking sheet.
- Using a paper towel, pat the salmon dry on both sides. Drizzle olive oil on the flesh side of the fish. Season with salt and sliced lemons.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and remove the lemons to the side.
- Add the Tangy Gremolata Sauce on top. Serve with the lemons on the side and enjoy with your favorite side or salad.