Fire up the grill for these bright and flavorful Low-Carb Keto Grilled Sirloin Steak Kabobs. Marinated Sirloin Steak cooks beautifully next to peppers and onions to create a summer-ready main dish. Pair it with all of your keto-friendly sides!Jump to Recipe
Grilling season has arrived! A few of these Low-Carb Keto Grilled Sirloin Steak Kabobs on your plate next to tender vegetables and a glass of red wine is the perfect end to a hot summer day.
This is a really easy, low carb and keto meal you can throw together in minutes for dinner or to prepare ahead of time. Marinated Sirloin Steak kabobs are grilled alongside peppers and onions for a flavorful and delicious main dish you can serve with a Brussels Sprouts Salad, Baked Asparagus, or Grilled Shrimp.
Every bite of these kabobs is tender, fresh, and bright thanks to the easy marinade. It’s the perfect go-to summer recipe you can prepare in the morning and throw on the grill for a few minutes in the evening.
What beef is best for kabobs?
The best cut of beef for kabobs is sirloin because it’s tender, lean, and doesn’t need hours of marinating to taste great. As a bonus, it’s budget-friendly! Some other good options are Flat Iron, Strip Steak, or Chuck Steak.
Marinating steak for kabobs
The steak for these kabobs will sit in a simple marinade for a minimum of 30 minutes. The blend of soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire, oil, and spices infuse vibrant and tangy flavors that help the grilled steak shine.
Steak can marinate for up to 8 hours but I don’t recommend leaving it any longer. This can make the fibers of the meat break down slightly and taste mealy.
Ingredients you’ll need
- Sirloin Steak – This tender and juicy marinated steak gets even better after it’s been grilled.
- Red onion and peppers – Cut into 1 inch pieces, the onions and peppers grilled next to the steak will soften and have great flavors once they’re done cooking.
- Steak marinade – This strong and tangy marinade cuts right through the steak, infusing deep flavors into each piece. A mix of soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and some Italian seasonings is all you need.
How to make grilled keto steak kabobs
- Marinate the steak: Add the steak cubes to a Ziploc bag with the marinade ingredients. Seal the bag and let the steak marinate in the fridge for up to 8 hours.
- Assemble the kabobs: Thread the steak, onion, and bell peppers onto each skewer, alternating as you go. Brush each kabob with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the kabobs: Place kebabs directly on the grill and cook until the desired degree of doneness. Serve with your favorite sides and enjoy!
Can you cook beef kabobs in the oven?
Nothing says summer like grilled beef kabobs but you’re more than welcome to cook them in the oven instead. To do so, marinate the meat and assemble the kabobs. Then place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet with a cooling rack. Cook the kabobs in a 425ºF oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until they reach your desired level of doneness.
How can you tell the steak is cooked?
The best way to tell if your steak is cooked to your liking is by using an instant-read thermometer.
Remember that steak continues to cook a little after it comes off the heat. Let it rest on a cutting board when it’s 5 degrees away from being where you like.
Tips and tricks
- Let the steak come down to room temperature before grilling. Once it’s done marinating, place the steak on the kitchen counter for about 20 to 30 minutes. Letting it come down in temperature prevents the meat from seizing and ensures it cooks evenly.
- If using wooden skewers, let them soak in water for at least 30 minutes to prevent them from burning on the grill.
- Go ahead and add more veggies if you want! Add on mushrooms, zucchini, squash, tomatoes, and white or sweet potatoes.
- If you prefer your veggies to be more crisp, make sure they’re spaced apart from the meat on the skewer. The tighter they’re packed, the softer they’ll become.
What to serve with keto steak kabobs
- Grilled or Baked Asparagus
- Cauliflower Mash
- Italian Shaved Zucchini Salad
- Topped with Chimichurri or Romesco Sauce
- Tomato Burrata Salad
More summer grilling recipes
- Salmon and Tomato Skewers
- Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Flank Steak with Peach Salsa
- Grilled Smashed Potato Salad
Did you remake these Low-Carb Keto Grilled Sirloin Steak Kabobs? Don’t forget to tell me what you think in the comments below, or share a picture on Instagram! I love to share all of your recreations on my page.
Low-Carb Keto Grilled Sirloin Steak Kabobs
- Cut the steak into 1 ¼-inch cubes. Add to a shallow bowl and set aside.
- In a large ziplock bag, add the steak and all of the marinade ingredients together. Move the bag around to ensure each piece of meat is covered. Let it marinate for at least 30 minutes (or up to 8 hours) in the fridge.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat (400-450℉).
- Assemble the kabobs by threading the steak, onions, and bell peppers onto the skewers*, alternating as you go. Brush with olive oil and salt the veggies.
- Place the kabobs directly on the grate of the preheated grill and cook for 4-5 minutes per side until the desired degree of doneness.
- Serve with a side salad or your favorite sides.
- Marinate the meat and assemble the kabobs. Then place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet with a cooling rack. Cook the kabobs in a 425ºF oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until they reach your desired level of doneness.